Balanced cable for Fischer Amps FA-4E XB for use w/ FiiO M11
Mar 5, 2020 at 6:11 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

theseus

New Head-Fier
Hi Forum,
I am looking for a balanced cable (2,5 mm 4-pin plug on the players side, 2-pin on the iem-side), that works.

Fischer Amps do not sell or produce one, I asked them recently. The recommended a FiiO cable (RC-UE2B), which I tested then. It did not work, also failed a Tripowin Cable (Linsoul Tripowin Zonie 16 Core Silver Plated Cable SPC Earphone Cable (2pin 0.78-2.5mm, Grey)) .
FiiO Cable pins are too thin and too short, Tripowin cable had ugly sound, maybe + and - poles swapped (otherwise the cable bow over the ears would look forward :))

Why a balanced cable? The output of the M11 at the 3,55 mm unbalanced output is too weak for my ears, even FiiO i! has mor power. The balanced output is much more higher, which I love for the FA's.

Anybody here that could help with this problem? Every hint is appreciated.
Thank you
Derek

Last edited:
Mar 9, 2020 at 2:22 PM Post #2 of 2
Hi folks,

does really nobody have any idea which balanced cable might fit to the Fischer Amps FA-4E XB?
I mean does really nobody own a pair of in-ears with a 2-pin-connector at the driver (ear plug) side? :)
And a balanced cable with a 2,5mm plug (balanced stereo)? Hmmm...
So I think I will have to ask a cable maker then to manufacture one. I hope I will find one at all and that this project will not exceed the price of the Fischer Amps. :wink:

Best regards and thanks a lot
Derek

Users who are viewing this thread

Back