Balanced cable advice for noob.
Mar 25, 2017 at 10:11 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

PanusKatus

Head-Fier
I'm quite a noob in the hobby and would appreciate some advice. I'm enjoying the HD600 with the 650 cable. However, I'm interested in the possibilities of balanced mode. I use the oppo 105d as my main source but it's balanced outputs remain unused. My amp is the Burson Soloist SL which does not have any balanced connectivity. My questions: what amps would you suggest that would give me a significant upgrade with balanced connectivity? do you have any cable suggestions for both the headphones and between the oppo and suggested amps? could a cheaper balanced amp outperform a more expensive 'regular ' amp with these headphones? Many thanks

Mar 26, 2017 at 12:16 AM Post #2 of 3
My questions: what amps would you suggest that would give me a significant upgrade with balanced connectivity? 

Little Dot MkVI+
Schiit Mjolnir or Violectric V280 if you plan on using low efficiency planars

do you have any cable suggestions for both the headphones and between the oppo and suggested amps?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Mogami-2534-Neglex-Balanced-XLR-Interconnects-Pair-with-Neutrik-ends-5-ft-67-/192136387255?hash=item2cbc389ab7:g:TksAAOSw4A5YqhJl

could a cheaper balanced amp outperform a more expensive 'regular ' amp with these headphones? Many thanks

It still depends on the quality of the circuit than the general type of circuit. You're just not likely to find a cheap balanced amp to begin with, unlike all the cheap SE amps out there with circuits that aren't good even when compared to other SE amps.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back