Balanced amp recommendations?
Mar 18, 2014 at 4:37 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

AONihilist

New Head-Fier
Hi, I intend to get a balanced amp soon but I have no idea what to get. Heck, I'm new to this, so could I have something like a list of amps with balanced in/out (either or both)?

I already know of Ray Samuel's and the Cypher Labs Theorem 720.

No budget (If I can afford a UM Mentor, this shouldn't be very limiting). Preference of music lies on EDM, but I also listen to Pop, Rock, Metal, Classical, Contemporary R&B and so on. Put simply, I listen to what appeals to me.

One question which may be stupid (but I'm new to this Balanced thing), but are there amps that have an optical in and a balanced out? I've got an AK100 MkII. Currently, it's attached to either my XDuoo XD-01 via optical or my Fiio E12 DIY via auxiliary interconnect.

Mar 18, 2014 at 7:47 AM Post #2 of 5
If it had an optical in it would need to have a DAC built in because optical is digital.

Mar 18, 2014 at 8:08 AM Post #4 of 5
  Don't really mind that though... So it is possible for an amp to have optical in and balanced out then? Nice.

I don't know because I have zero interest in balanced amps. I'm just pointing out that to have optical in you'd need a DAC built in to the amp (a combined DAC/Amp).

Mar 18, 2014 at 8:12 AM Post #5 of 5
  I don't know because I have zero interest in balanced amps. I'm just pointing out that to have optical in you'd need a DAC built in to the amp (a combined DAC/Amp).

That I know. It's pretty obvious (to me anyway). Still, it'll be a rarity to even find an amp like that. I've scoured Ray Samuel's, ALO and Cypher Labs. None of them have something like that...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back