Balanced Amp/Dac recomendations.
May 29, 2019 at 9:06 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

Turn-It-Down

New Head-Fier
Looking for some recommended Balanced dacs, or Dac/amps.

Currently own the aune X1s/X7s, and headphone wise, the sennheiser HD660s, HD800S, Beyer T1 2nd gen, DT990 pro, Hifiman HE560, and planing to get some HiFi Man Aryas and some stax at a later date.

Im currently looking at the aune s6/s7 pros, they look good and check all my boxes, but im worried the S7 isnt powerful enough? Looking at the specs, the S6 and S7 have almost the same output in terms of power (through XLR) 405mw at 300ohms for the S6 and 450mw at 300ohms for the S7. Not a huge difference.

But maybe im looking at it wrong? (still a noob)

Im happy to just get the S6 dac and use its balanced outputs to something like the Woo WA22.

So, if the aune is good for balanced output ill probably get that. If there are better Dacs, I can look at those too.

Cheers.

May 30, 2019 at 8:59 PM Post #2 of 3
Guess Ill have to answer my own question.

After googling for a couple days I found the Topping dac/dac amp that also checks my boxes.
Topping D70 is a balanced DAC with the same AK4497 chip as the aune.
This one is just a dac which is fine.

They also have the DX7s, which is a Dac/Amp. And 546 mW x 2 at 300 ohms. Seems like a good choice.
More powerful than the aune S6 pro, but I prefer the design of the aune.

Anyone else feel free to chime in if you know of any good balanced Dacs or Dac/amps!

May 31, 2019 at 12:34 AM Post #3 of 3
Guess Ill have to answer my own question.
After googling for a couple days I found the Topping dac/dac amp that also checks my boxes.
Topping D70 is a balanced DAC with the same AK4497 chip as the aune. This one is just a dac which is fine.
They also have the DX7s, which is a Dac/Amp. And 546 mW x 2 at 300 ohms. Seems like a good choice.
More powerful than the aune S6 pro, but I prefer the design of the aune.
Anyone else feel free to chime in if you know of any good balanced Dacs or Dac/amps!
My Topping DX7s arrived last week, so for it seems to do a nice job of driving my 150-Ohm Massdrop/Sennheiser HD58X, from the DX7s's balanced headphone jack.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back