Balanced adapter
Jan 11, 2022 at 3:44 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

Piergagn

New Head-Fier
Hello guys , i currently own an astell and kern s25 and the dap have a 2.5 balanced and unbalanced 3.5 mm , i want to order the iems z1r but they have a 4.4 mm balanced connector on them , is it possible to adapt my 2.5 balanced on my dap to use the 4.4 on the sony and still have the balanced capability without any drawbacks thank you

Jan 11, 2022 at 4:01 PM Post #2 of 4
Hello guys , i currently own an astell and kern s25 and the dap have a 2.5 balanced and unbalanced 3.5 mm , i want to order the iems z1r but they have a 4.4 mm balanced connector on them , is it possible to adapt my 2.5 balanced on my dap to use the 4.4 on the sony and still have the balanced capability without any drawbacks thank you
Yes, technically this is possible.
I cannot point you to a specific product though.
Z1R is a great IEM, just consider that it’s quite big and some people have issues with fit.
It also needs a top quality source to reach it’s full potential, so you may consider an upgrade in the future.
But if you can afford it and can get a good fit it’s like listening to high end speakers with an added sub woofer!

Jan 11, 2022 at 6:12 PM Post #3 of 4
Yes, technically this is possible.
I cannot point you to a specific product though.
Z1R is a great IEM, just consider that it’s quite big and some people have issues with fit.
It also needs a top quality source to reach it’s full potential, so you may consider an upgrade in the future.
But if you can afford it and can get a good fit it’s like listening to high end speakers with an added sub woofer!
Sweet i have an astell and kern sr25 with dsd files on it so the source is impeccable, do you have any sort of product in mind like standard adapter or something if you can help me for some research , 4.4mm female to 2.5mm balanced

Jan 11, 2022 at 9:14 PM Post #4 of 4
Lots of adapters on Amazon, probably more on AliExpress.

No experience with it, but this one has positive reviews:
https://www.amazon.com/Female-Headphone-Earphone-Adapter-Balanced/dp/B0828JC16Q

I would suggest getting one like that, with a short cord between the plug and the jack, instead of one long barrel. That's because the headphone jack of my AK player (AK70) wore out and had to be repaired. A long barrel will put more pressure/leverage on the headphone jack; a little plug with a cord should prolong the life of the headphone jack.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back