balance my cable
Apr 25, 2007 at 5:20 PM Post #2 of 5
contact Alex at www.apuresound.com his headfi name is [AK] Zip is PM is easier for you... great guy

Apr 26, 2007 at 10:26 PM Post #3 of 5
Quote:

Originally Posted by MrSlacker /img/forum/go_quote.gif
contact Alex at www.apuresound.com his headfi name is [AK] Zip is PM is easier for you... great guy

He quoted me $45 including shipping plus I'd have to ship my cable so add that to the $55. It seems a bit high to me as it's just soldering some balanced XLR connectors to the cable. He seems like a nice guy but I am a high school student making min wage about to buy a DAC1 need to try to save money so I am thinking about doing it myself.

Apr 27, 2007 at 2:46 AM Post #5 of 5
That price is very reasonable. I would've quoted about the same. Remember, you are not only paying for the XLRs but for someone's experience in doing this kind of mod. You have to be wary of strain relief - particularly when dealing with relatively heavy XLR plugs. You also want something that looks decent and not cobbed together. Ever since I started getting into DIY, I've come to appreciate what the pros can do and why high-end stuff is so blessed expensive.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back