Bakoon 13r Power Problem: Help needed
May 4, 2022 at 9:38 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 10

tfenton02

100+ Head-Fier
I’ve been powering Susvara’s and KEF LS50 speakers for nearly a year with the Bakoon 13R, it’s been a sublime paring and have never run into any issues. The other night I left the power on all night after a long day. Yesterday morning I realized my DAC and amp were powered up so I shut everything off. Today I realized that I’m getting no power to the Bakoon. I also have an iFi and Felix Tube amp on the desk and they both powered up just fine and connected seamlessly to my DAC.

On the Bakoon, I checked the power chord, replaced the remote battery without much luck. Also tried to press the volume knob without much luck.

Any suggestions on other troubleshooting? Many thanks.

May 4, 2022 at 9:46 PM Post #2 of 10
I’ve been powering Susvara’s and KEF LS50 speakers for nearly a year with the Bakoon 13R, it’s been a sublime paring and have never run into any issues. The other night I left the power on all night after a long day. Yesterday morning I realized my DAC and amp were powered up so I shut everything off. Today I realized that I’m getting no power to the Bakoon. I also have an iFi and Felix Tube amp on the desk and they both powered up just fine and connected seamlessly to my DAC.

On the Bakoon, I checked the power chord, replaced the remote battery without much luck. Also tried to press the volume knob without much luck.

Any suggestions on other troubleshooting? Many thanks.
The fuse for the Bakoon?

May 5, 2022 at 5:55 AM Post #3 of 10
I did not think of that, easy enough to check

May 5, 2022 at 7:08 AM Post #4 of 10
@jonathan c it in fact was the fuse. Back in business.

May 5, 2022 at 11:45 AM Post #5 of 10
May 5, 2022 at 12:46 PM Post #6 of 10
Did you have to replace it?
When I bought the Bakoon last year I also purchased an Audio Magic Ultimate Premier beeswax fuse that I installed at the time. I kept the original so I just swapped back to the original. Personally I thought the beeswax fuse added some smoothness in a positive way but I'm sure it's just me wanting to say that when in reality there's no difference. We shall see if I notice it!

May 5, 2022 at 1:01 PM Post #7 of 10
I do hear differences in headphone amplifier performance with mains fuse upgrades - especially in h/p/a with tube rectification…🤷🏻‍♂️

May 5, 2022 at 1:58 PM Post #8 of 10
May 5, 2022 at 2:02 PM Post #9 of 10
I try. And I try. And I try, and I try. I can't get no...hey hey hey.
….you can’t always get what you want…

….it’s not your nineteenth nervous breakdown…

….😈🤣….

May 5, 2022 at 2:05 PM Post #10 of 10

Users who are viewing this thread

Back