Bah, out of stock!
Mar 6, 2006 at 8:51 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 11

seanohue

500+ Head-Fier
So I bought this wall wart (553-WAU24-450) for my Millett but the jack I ordered (163-4302-EX) is out of stock (Mouser part numbers btw). Theyre also out of any isolated jacks in the proper plug size (5x2.1mm) and won't be expecting them until the end of april. I tried digikey for a replacement but they don't seem to have what I am looking for. However, the first question I must ask is this: I was think about cutting the plug off of the WW and wiring it to the input of the TREAD, and then rewiring the plug to the outputs of the TREAD. Because both the plug and jack and AC, will it matter if DC current is passed through it? And if that doesnt cause a problem, can I have a little help with a PN# for an isolated 5x2.1mm jack? O, and if anyone has a spare BUF634P, PM me because theyre out of those too
mad.gif
Found one in the for sale section, gonna post an ad for another in a bit. Any help greatly appreciated
biggrin.gif

Mar 6, 2006 at 11:33 PM Post #3 of 11
Digikey sells the BUF634P.

Mar 7, 2006 at 2:06 AM Post #4 of 11
its out of stock and ETA is not until june, same case with mouser. but thats been taken care of. I ordered a different wart and jack that are 5.5x2.5mm, I'm still not sure how I should wire them though.

Mar 7, 2006 at 2:18 AM Post #5 of 11
Are you using a 24 Volt DC wall wort?

If so just wire the jack with the polarity shown on the wall wort. Post a link to the wall wort and we can show you what to solder where with the jack

Mar 7, 2006 at 2:40 AM Post #6 of 11
Mar 7, 2006 at 2:51 AM Post #7 of 11
Oh okay I see what you want to do. Let me take a look at the datasheets

Mar 7, 2006 at 3:00 AM Post #8 of 11
When you cut the plug off of the WW, the striped wire will be positive and the all black will be negative. Solder those to the right spots for the TREAD input of DC Volts. Then solder the White striped wire of the plug to Positive Volts OUT of the TREAD and the all black wire to Negative volts OUT.

Now on the Millett board solder a wire from the center pin of the power jack to Positive volts in. Then solder a wire from the second tab of the jack to Ground on the Millett board.

Mar 7, 2006 at 6:31 AM Post #10 of 11
Jameco has some BUF634P.

Well...as of right now, anyway (right now being 10:30 PST on March 6)

Enjoy!

Mar 7, 2006 at 3:26 PM Post #11 of 11
Quote:

Originally Posted by seanohue
its out of stock and ETA is not until june, same case with mouser. but thats been taken care of. I ordered a different wart and jack that are 5.5x2.5mm, I'm still not sure how I should wire them though.

Anyone have an alternate source for 2.1mm isolated jacks? I need 5, and in short order if I'm going to get everything done that I'd like to bring to the national meet.

Nate

Users who are viewing this thread

Back