Bad service of STONEAUDIO UK !
Aug 21, 2006 at 9:08 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

Nik

Headphoneus Supremus
very_evil_smiley.gif
If you enter in the beautiful web page of STONEAUDIO, you think … oh… this is a very professional online shop: NOTHING ! They only have a good appearance!

I do not recommend anyone to buy something by STONEAUDIO. Why?

1)They generally do not have many things in stock, you must wait a very long time to receive your gear.
2)They NEVER ANSWER to your e-mail after you have paid…
3)They do not tell the true for any delay or any other inconvenient.
4)They have the highest price in Europe and probably in the world.

What I have wrote is my EXPERIENCE after many things bought by STONEAUDIO…

NEVER MORE !!!

Aug 21, 2006 at 11:00 AM Post #3 of 9
NEVER buy consumer electronics from a UK-based seller! They are all so overpriced it's almost laughable! Just look at how much Grados go for?!?!

Another example-60gig 5G video iPods:

from apple UK: 567USD (1USD = 0.527GBP)
from apple US: 399USD
from apple HK: 412USD (1USD = 7.76HKD)

567USD for an iPOD! How rediculous is that?

Expensive plus bad service? Wow... I never knew Stoneaudio would do such a thing as they do in fact sell some pretty high end audio components!

EDIT: UM2's cost 530.5USD, GS-1k's cost 1,885.61 USD and RS-1's cost 850USD on Stoneaudio...

Jun 3, 2010 at 8:22 AM Post #7 of 9
I have to say something about it too,

I ordered a pair of ATH EW9 from their website (www.stoneaudio.co.uk) at the highest price tag that I could find online (£159), due the professional look of the website, I accepted the price...

The first few emails were quite promote (replied instantly), but that is because they were having problems in getting the money from my card...After I paid via bank transfer, they changed completely..everytime I want to check the status of my order via their web chat tool, they told me that they are trying to get the goods from their supplier and will update me with more details via email the next day... but I got NONE from them!!!!

Now, its been nearly one month already since I paid (10th May 2010 - 3rd Jun 2010), I still don't know where my headphones are... I recently contacted them again, when I typed up my order number, they didn't even reply now...

what the hell is that??? I should have searched before I pay the money to them...this is my worst shopping experience so far... I will recommend everyone to avoid buy from them...

Jun 3, 2010 at 3:33 PM Post #8 of 9
^ If you paid with a credit card I would initiate a chargeback after a month with no communication, that is totally unacceptable IMO.

Jun 3, 2010 at 9:00 PM Post #9 of 9
bought my GS1000 earpads for 10 quids cheaper than the market but had to wait for a good 2 weeks since their "in stock" indicator means they have to order it from US. 
confused_face_2.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back