Bad Seller Alert: HelloSimplyMusic
Nov 11, 2003 at 7:38 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 17

GTecX

100+ Head-Fier
I was interested in purchasing Kimber Select KS1130 interconnects, and HelloSimplyMusic, an Audiogon-based store with tons of positive feedback, happened to have a demo pair at a fair price. We exchanged a few emails and I decided to pay by check and received:

-----QUOTE START------
$594 check to, payable to:

HSM
[address edited]
West Covina, CA. 91791
U.S.A.
-----QUOTE END------

I noticed West Covina was a nearby city and I asked if it was possible for a local pickup, received the following response:

-----QUOTE START------
New term for you: "Payment center", not that it should matter.

I do not "live in W. Covina", or even the state of CA.
Also, I do not work out of my home, as your email implies
(and if I did, why would I invite the public over???).

At this price if I was required to rearrange my day to meet with someone I would
want an $100 for the trouble on this type of deal. I will be in CA again in January.
Pick up or delivered orders are prepaid only.

Anyway, we have another buyer for these, so we will pass on this deal with you.
-----QUOTE END------

After receiving this response, I will definitely not be doing business with HelloSimplyMusic.

Their feedback can be found here:
http://cgi.audiogon.com/cgi-bin/feed...lloSimplyMusic

Nov 11, 2003 at 7:56 AM Post #2 of 17
That's a really bad response from a merchant, of course since we didn't see the mail to them it's hard to tell what set him off. I wouldn't blame you for not doing business with them again, but I would shrug it off, with that much positive feedback, I would imagine he was having a really bad day. Too bad you can't put up feedback since the transaction never happened.

Nov 11, 2003 at 9:03 AM Post #3 of 17
Something strange here since they say on this page seems to imply in several places that they are in California. However, it is also clear from this page that they are bit of "control freaks."

Notice that they do say that items under 70lbs are available by courier only.

Nov 11, 2003 at 11:18 AM Post #7 of 17
Wow, you weren't kidding, I took a moment and read his responses and they made it really clear just how out to lunch the guy is. If he had a trace of brains he would at least have been professional in his responses, but his replies just confirmed all the negative things folks posted about him! I can't believe that somone like that would have all the good feedback so I think Audiogon must be purging his feedback of the negatives. I never really had a lot of respect for the folks that ran that site, and it just dropped even lower.
frown.gif

Nov 11, 2003 at 3:52 PM Post #8 of 17
Sounds like he caters to a snooty hi-fi crowd... who are willing to fork over a credit card # and have no real idea what they are buying. I noticed on his site he seems to deal in alot high end products.

Nov 11, 2003 at 4:37 PM Post #9 of 17
Definitely some smart ass responses he gave. I checked out his site. Any of you have a particular question you want me to email him? I'll ask him a few questions just to get him riled.
very_evil_smiley.gif

It's usually just better to ignore people like this. If the buyers stop buying then the seller either stops selling or changes his attitude.

Nov 11, 2003 at 5:45 PM Post #10 of 17
Ask him if he stocks any Bostaroos...

Quote:

Originally posted by flipzter
Definitely some smart ass responses he gave. I checked out his site. Any of you have a particular question you want me to email him? I'll ask him a few questions just to get him riled.
very_evil_smiley.gif

It's usually just better to ignore people like this. If the buyers stop buying then the seller either stops selling or changes his attitude.

Nov 11, 2003 at 6:40 PM Post #11 of 17
Just another reason why it is better to pay the premium to work with your local dealer person-to-person.

smily_headphones1.gif

--Chris

Nov 11, 2003 at 8:28 PM Post #15 of 17
GoodbyeSimplyMusic, LOL!

TravelLite

Users who are viewing this thread

Back