Bad recabling fix? XB1000
Aug 13, 2018 at 11:11 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

Kotona

New Head-Fier
Hi all, i have recently recabled my xb1000 from a local audiophile store but it came back to me with uneven channel volumes with my left having more than my right. I have also noticed the loss of bass.

can someone post a pic of the solder points of their xb1000? i dont want to go back to that store and rip me off the 2nd time.

Aug 13, 2018 at 4:08 PM Post #2 of 3
Demand a refund or a free repair.
They screwed up your headphone big time - it's that simple.
A channel imbalance is a BIG problem and they should take full responsibility for causing it.
(Try to get or borrow a multimeter so you can measure the channel imbalance for yourself - this will build a stronger case).

If they claim the channel imbalance occurred after their 'repairs' you absolutely have to threaten them with legal action.
Otherwise they should buy you a 'new' or replacement XB1000.
I know it's an old headphone and no longer in production, but that should mean they should treat it with even more care and treat you, the customer with more respect.

Jun 23, 2019 at 2:50 PM Post #3 of 3
Okay, let me be straight - its not only soldering. They probably ****ed up that part as well, but, bass part means retards havent glued pad properly, and pads on XB line are basically only thing that gives them such insane bass. So, not only do you need to resolder, but you need to reglue them properly and carefully, make sure glue seals everything. If you havent fixed them and still have them, hit me back so I can maybe help you fix them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back