Bad problem, Need some help please. broken Toslink stuck in jack! Dangit!
Apr 7, 2018 at 10:27 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

music_man

Headphoneus Supremus
So a Toslink cable broke off inside the jack. Any way you guy's would go about extracting the piece? it was in right, must be bad cable. Since it was in right it is lined up and stuck in there good. Last thing I want to do is break this component more! Under warranty but not their fault and a big hassle. I figure something can just pull it out but not sure what. or what exactly you would do to get the piece out. luckily it is not a jack with the door on it. I have one idea you tell me if it is a good one. put super glue on the cable itself, insert it let it dry and pull the whole shebang out? Actually if I do that and it works is that cable still good then? that was a $1,300 cable. Not sure about light leaking or whatever. It is currently working but if need to toss it(no pun) oh well. Thank you guy's.

Apr 7, 2018 at 11:54 PM Post #4 of 6
My smallest needle nose is tiny and too big. You mean screw it into the plastic and pull it out? I am afraid if I screw into the jack itself? Glue, yeah dumb idea I thought now. I will end up gluing the cable in there and just break off more of it but now glued in place! This is bad news. How does a $1,300 new cable break on the connector? Maybe was bad plastic formulation. stuff happens. I might have to have it professionally repaired. They obviously will just replace the jack I imagine. Then I am going to tell Audioquest they need to foot the bill. It was not my fault put it right in facing right. I doubt that is covered under the components warranty. It is working fine so I suppose if I was never going to use another cable.....Still bad news and really sucks. It was absolutely not my fault though. It is just like a chip of the bottom corner broke off in there. Argg I am so angry. This is a stinking burmester 069 Transport I just fudged no sooner than taking it out of the box. Teach me to use the AES/EBU but with that trusty(yeah right) AQ cable I prefer the Toslink. It is warmer. I am so stinking mad right now. I will try a little screw or perhaps pin? Any other suggestions not too crazy and then off to repair. I am sure y'all feel really sorry for me lol but last thing I want to do is mess this up more. I still love Redbook more than anything. Right after my Sony SCD-1 quit I get this, Oh man I am bummed. I need to calm down before I do anything though.

Thanks for suggestions guy's.

Apr 9, 2018 at 6:45 AM Post #6 of 6
Nah, it is wedged in there too good. I give up brought it to pro. Bummer now I wait just received it. This is a $85K component so I quit while I was ahead. I can do a lot but got nervous with that. Now, should be done in 2 weeks dammit. I told him try his hardest to get it out and not replace jack. AS for AQ they owe me a cable, has warranty.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back