Sep 15, 2001 at 12:22 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

KR...

Curator of the Headphone Lust Museum
WSOU
after 15 years of keeping the metal flame burning, Seton Hall University's
Pirate Radio WSOU will reportedly change its format - Seton Hall seeks to
have programming that is "consistent with its values" in place by January

Sep 15, 2001 at 12:59 AM Post #2 of 6
Man that sounds way too close to censorship.Consistant with who's values,yours ? mine ? Theirs ? And is this the values paraded around in public or the same values used behind closed doors when no one is looking (oh yes we are !!!).Before me it was Elvis , in my youth rock was going to bring down civilization,now they use the songs of my youth on TV commercials to sell mainstream products.Damn funny actually,but then no,it really is not

YOU CALL THAT MUSIC ????? WHEN I WAS YOUR AGE WE HAD MUSIC !!! MUSIC YOU COULD DANCE TO ! MUSIC YOU COULD SING TO !

You kids don't know what music IS !!

evil_smiley.gif
very_evil_smiley.gif
evil_smiley.gif
very_evil_smiley.gif
evil_smiley.gif

Sep 15, 2001 at 5:50 PM Post #3 of 6
This summer, WESU, the free-form radio station serving Conncecticut and the Wesleyan University/Middletown CT community lost it's FCC licence. This was due to being forced to move to a new location at Wesleyan University because of the renovation of the old location.

Prior to this event, WESU was the longest continuously running free-form radio station in the country, as well as being (i think) the oldest free-form radio station in the country. It was started by a student who hooked up a wire to a water pipe and started broadcasting.

The losing of it's licence is a direct consequence of Wesleyan University's complacency on the issue. For example, to attempt to save money Wesleyan bought AM wires instead of FM wires. Unfortunatly the AM wires DON'T WORK. there are other problems too abundant to mention.

sorry about all this excess info, but i'm kinda pissed.

Jan 25, 2004 at 7:19 PM Post #6 of 6
A good local radio station? That's an oxymoron for me. They don't have any good ones where I live, or at least I haven't found it yet. So my Tivoli Model 2 is reduced to a pair of speakers for my cds. I live in the middle of Clear Channel territory.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back