Bad Names for Audio Components
Jul 1, 2007 at 3:33 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 19

braillediver

Headphoneus Supremus
I just saw a listing for a “Bohica I Power Cord”? In the Navy BOHICA was an acronym for “Bend Over Here It Comes Again”. What are they trying to say about this $600 power cord?

Mitch

Jul 1, 2007 at 4:27 PM Post #3 of 19
Quote:

Originally Posted by braillediver /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I just saw a listing for a “Bohica I Power Cord”? In the Navy BOHICA was an acronym for “Bend Over Here It Comes Again”. What are they trying to say about this $600 power cord?

Mitch

Fun for the whole family?

Jul 1, 2007 at 4:36 PM Post #4 of 19
Quote:

Mitch

Thanks for the laugh, I needed it. That exact acronymn has been running through my mind for the last few days.

Jul 1, 2007 at 5:09 PM Post #6 of 19
Quote:

Mitch

Clearly they're being very honest.

Jul 1, 2007 at 5:34 PM Post #7 of 19
I don't get it. If something is coming at you, you would duck, or cover your head, or... OOOOHHHHHHH! Oh my.

Oh my goodness.

Jul 1, 2007 at 5:39 PM Post #8 of 19
The Liberators; the Grado mod.

Just don't try to find their website out of the blue; you may find something else of interest however.
wink.gif

Jul 1, 2007 at 5:44 PM Post #9 of 19
Quote:

Originally Posted by redshifter /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I don't get it. If something is coming at you, you would duck, or cover your head, or... OOOOHHHHHHH! Oh my.

Oh my goodness.

One possible explanation would be the acronym was coined during the secret testing of the gay bomb.

Jul 1, 2007 at 7:27 PM Post #11 of 19
The Go-Vibe series of amps would probably also fall into the "don't Google" category.

Jul 1, 2007 at 7:29 PM Post #12 of 19
Skullcrusher, enough said.

Jul 2, 2007 at 2:29 AM Post #14 of 19
I recall that Wilson Audio and Totem Acoustics had/have some products with rather clunky names, and let's not leave out Linn, either.

Laz

Users who are viewing this thread

Back