Bad headphone jack on FiiO E7, where do I go for warranty support?
Feb 12, 2012 at 10:53 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

maxsmell

New Head-Fier
My FiiO E7 has a bad headphone output jack.  I'm guessing that something is loose and not making good contact.  There are two outputs.  The one on the left works perfectly and plays stereo without any issues.  However, the one on the right causes the left and right channels to intermittently cut out and if I gently move the headphone plug around, they come back until I let go.  I've had this unit for just a couple of months and want to take care of this problem asap so that my warranty doesn't run out by the time I get around to it.

I went on FiiO's website but all I could find was their Warranty policy, but no form to fill out.  The only contact e-mail listed was one for marketing.

If anyone can help me figure out who I need to get in contact with from FiiO I'd really appreciate it.  Thanks!

Feb 12, 2012 at 7:26 PM Post #2 of 5

Mine does the same thing with both output jacks. I contacted the seller on Amazon, who referred me to Amazon for support. I haven't gotten around to calling them yet.
Seriously considering just getting a PA2V2 (http://www.electric-avenues.com/amplifiers.html) instead, simply because support from Gary is purported to be fantastic.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Feb 13, 2012 at 11:39 PM Post #3 of 5
Talked to Amazon about mine and they agreed to return and refund it. I just pulled the trigger on the PA2V2 and it's on its way.

I really liked the E7 for its features, but the build quality of the electronics didn't impress me. The jacks have to be able to put up with stress, since owners are likely to have more robust connectors/adapters connected to them. Perhaps that's my biggest peeve; I took precautions before I even used the E7 for the first time and bought a Grado inline 1/4" to 1/8" adapter specifically to relieve connector stress and it still ended up with issues.

Great for the features, not for the quality.

Feb 14, 2012 at 8:16 AM Post #4 of 5
My FiiO E7 has a bad headphone output jack.  I'm guessing that something is loose and not making good contact.  There are two outputs.  The one on the left works perfectly and plays stereo without any issues.  However, the one on the right causes the left and right channels to intermittently cut out and if I gently move the headphone plug around, they come back until I let go.  I've had this unit for just a couple of months and want to take care of this problem asap so that my warranty doesn't run out by the time I get around to it.

I went on FiiO's website but all I could find was their Warranty policy, but no form to fill out.  The only contact e-mail listed was one for marketing.

If anyone can help me figure out who I need to get in contact with from FiiO I'd really appreciate it.  Thanks!

This happened to me too. I bought it through Micca who were easy to work with and got me an exchange. Low and behold, my E11 just kicked the bucket after 2 months. Not impressed with FiiO at the moment.

Aug 29, 2012 at 4:00 AM Post #5 of 5
I recently bought a cmoy with bass boost... Very nice sound but the headphone connection and input connection crackled and echoed when I wiggled the cords...

Was OK on my desk, but horrible when in my pocket...

Sent it back for him to put new connectors on...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back