Bad experience with bluetin
Jan 12, 2011 at 8:20 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

stainless824

100+ Head-Fier
Well I' going on head-fi to blast off a bit on an online audio store that many seem to hold in high regard.

Bluetin.

I've read that they're reliable on head fi and the prices are great so a couple of months ago i bought myself an onkyo nd-s1 dock from them. Little did i know what i was in for. After the purchase i hooked it up and it didnt turn on. Indicator lights stayed off, nothing. I emailed the store to ask what the problem was and I was told that the power supply was a 110v japanese one and my region- australia- uses 240v. I checked the label on it and it said 110-240, though part of the sticker says 110 only (confusing) We exchanged a couple of emails discussing the problems which may have caused this and concluded that it must have been a fried psu damaging the dock itself (tried a voltage converter and still no-go). I was guilty that i may have wasted a lot of his time so i stopped emailing, thinking that it was my fault all along. I however was still curious so i plugged it up via usb (indicator lights difnt turn on) but the strange thing was that it still worked as a usb to spdif converter. A month later i purchsed another nd-s1 from ebay and when it arrived, my brother unkowingly plugged it into the very same power supply when I wasn't in the room for the unboxing and voila, it worked. Turns out it was a 110-240 switching ( confirmed by electrician uncle) and it was the first dock which was broken in the first place. I've emailed bluetin telling them the issue but it appears they've been ignoring me. I even launched a complain to paypal but they've not responded as the item is not covered by paypal's protection. I've been very disappointed by their attitude towards this and am further enraged that they've changed their nd-s1 site to include a transformer 110-240 at an additional 40 bucks, ripping off the unwary. Has anyone else had such an experience with these guys? I would not reccomend them to anyone after my experience.

Jan 18, 2011 at 8:38 AM Post #2 of 2
Oh plus they chose somme random paypal option so you cant launch a dispute against them. Buyers beware

Users who are viewing this thread

Back