bad dream...
Jun 2, 2007 at 4:10 AM Post #16 of 26
Quote:

Originally Posted by xinoxide /img/forum/go_quote.gif
i uh.... uh... :: tear :: grew up going to local band rock concerts and wearing tie dye! ::BURSTS INTO TEARS:: i never had a pair of headphones either.

images
Your delusion of fictional devices is quite disconcerting.
plainface.gif

You must be sedated, then institutionalized for extended evaluation.
plainface.gif

Also, in order to protect your ears, they must be amputated.
plainface.gif

Jun 2, 2007 at 4:12 AM Post #17 of 26
I didn't know the difference amongst hi-fi headphones actually make a difference in gaming performance. But I would assume that Ultrasone S-logic would help with the soundstage. I better go check it out
smily_headphones1.gif

Jun 2, 2007 at 4:12 AM Post #18 of 26
Quote:

Originally Posted by Assorted /img/forum/go_quote.gif
There goes another Roman king fallen to insomnia :O

Well since this seems to be "discuss your hp nightmares" now, so here's mine:

You know when you're like really tired and you go to bed, your body physically goes to sleep while your mind is still awake and you can't seem to move/breathe? That happened to me when I had my earphones on, and during the night I tasted that sensation and later fantacized into a dream where IEMs actually strangled me during school. Then the Bose kids go like "see that's why you should've gotten the Bose IEMs man."

Wow that was scary.

i hate dreams like that!

i remember falling asleep with my sony headphones on alot, and having them wrapped around my body, amkes for some nightmares that are more weird than scary, like being beat up by spiderman... or stuck ina spiders web in a setting like that of lord of the rings.... yeha... headphone cables are attrocious for triggering weird ass dreams.

Jun 2, 2007 at 4:15 AM Post #19 of 26
Quote:

Originally Posted by Assorted /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I didn't know the difference amongst hi-fi headphones actually make a difference in gaming performance. But I would assume that Ultrasone S-logic would help with the soundstage. I better go check it out
smily_headphones1.gif

they are amazing with distance, and although the 360 degree panoramic sound thing doesnt resemble anything close to binaural sound, once youve adjusted to the changes in sound as they are at different points around you, theres no escaping your own wraith.

and about amputating my ears, youll regret it D:
i hope....

Jun 2, 2007 at 4:36 AM Post #20 of 26
You know how you've seen people that were falling asleep and they have this strange twitch, then are out like a light?

Do that at noon at work, without falling asleep, and it's time to reassess the situation. I find it happens more with the headphones on. And would almost kill for a full 9-10 hours of blissful sleep.

Recently I had a dream about headphones myself, but I can't remember it though it was fairly traumatic. Which goes along with the rest of memory loss due to insomnia...

frown.gif

Jun 2, 2007 at 5:00 AM Post #21 of 26
Quote:

Originally Posted by Zaurusman /img/forum/go_quote.gif
though it was fairly traumatic.

You had a dream about Sennheisers too? Weird. I guess it's spreading like an infection now.
blink.gif

Jun 2, 2007 at 5:27 AM Post #22 of 26
Let me tell you about my Grado HP-1000 dream, then. I have never seen or even heard a Grado, much less this hard-to-come-by HP-2. I neither desired or planned or listening to any Grados, but there it was. In my possession. At least I think it was an HP-2... the silver metallic casing, red letters, and the polarity switch. From what I remember from the dream, the impression I got was that the highs were very harsh, which I highly doubt is the case in real life. And now that I've seen it in my dream, I kinda badly want to try it out. Anyone have one to lend to me, perhaps? Haha.

Jun 2, 2007 at 6:24 AM Post #23 of 26
Quote:

Originally Posted by xinoxide /img/forum/go_quote.gif
no budget, ill pay whatever i need for the sound i want, im less worried about frequency response, and much more worried about resolution and detail. i dont need heavy bass, as long as its there and i can hear it, and its smooth as ****.
redface.gif

etysmile.gif

UE-10, then.
evil_smiley.gif

Jun 2, 2007 at 6:31 AM Post #24 of 26
im gunna grab a pair of shure e2c's for now, try and get used to the whole in ear thing.

Jun 2, 2007 at 6:34 AM Post #25 of 26
Man. I gotta get out of this place while I'm still having dreams about s-e-x.

Jun 2, 2007 at 6:38 AM Post #26 of 26
Quote:

Originally Posted by bebanovich /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Man. I gotta get out of this place while I'm still having dreams about s-e-x.

yeah you should xD

my "normal" dreams stopped after 25ish posts D:

look what i found!

e2c's

Users who are viewing this thread

Back