Bad day.
Nov 8, 2003 at 6:59 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

HD-5000

1000+ Head-Fier
Darn, screwed up an orchestra audition. Has anyone had a similar experience?

What humiliation! My audition should have been a cakewalk, but when I got in front of the judges, all courage left me, and my playing was disgusting.

Somebody cheer me up.

frown.gif

Nov 8, 2003 at 7:03 PM Post #2 of 8
as a theatre major i screwed up plenty of auditions in school and out. i don't know if it applies the same to music but they told us constantly that at least 90% of becoming an actor was dealing with rejection. that and we all have days where we aren't at our best.

still sorry to hear about things not going so great though. i hope you carry this too long and i hope you know you have it in you to wow whoever you're auditioning for next time.

good luck with the music.
smily_headphones1.gif

Nov 10, 2003 at 12:31 AM Post #3 of 8
Whew, I was overreacting yesterday.

Good news. I don't know yet whether or not I got in, but I heard today that a less experienced violinist than me got in. Hmm, this makes me think that I got in for sure.

biggrin.gif

Oh well, if I don't get in, its not that important.

Nov 10, 2003 at 12:35 AM Post #4 of 8
biggrin.gif

Nov 10, 2003 at 12:37 AM Post #5 of 8
I am truly sorry man.

This is just to cheer you up, so don't take it too seriously.

"Every once in a while, every man must come face to face with the profound realization that he truly sucks. And only then will he know that he has truly matured."
evil_smiley.gif

Nov 10, 2003 at 12:54 AM Post #6 of 8
Quote:

Originally posted by Musicfan123
"Every once in a while, every man must come face to face with the profound realization that he truly sucks. And only then will he know that he has truly matured."
evil_smiley.gif

Sigh, but that realization happens to me all the time and may I state for the record that the realization truly sucks also!
frown.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back