Bad Burn in
Aug 18, 2005 at 1:32 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

S&M_Biker

New Head-Fier
Hi i have the bose triport headphones. Somehow the wires connected to the plug broke off, so only the right driver worked. So for awhile i just got used to it and now i finally fixed it by putting a new plug on. While i was listening to them i noticed that in the right driver i can feel more bass (the side that wasnt previously broken). So what should i do. Should i unhook the right side and burn in the left for awhile to try an even them out. Thanks Jim.

Aug 18, 2005 at 1:57 AM Post #3 of 9
eek.gif

Aug 18, 2005 at 2:01 AM Post #5 of 9
Dont listen to them about buying new phones, If they sound good keep them until they break completely. About the burn in though, How bad is the bass on that side? If possible maybe you can just get used to it?

well you could just leave the left side unplugged, that should help your problem. Now you said you fixed it so I assume you can solder (disregard if you cant) you could make a small extension cable and put a small ressistor (50 ohms or so) inline with the right driver, it will tame the bass
cool.gif

Aug 23, 2005 at 12:20 AM Post #6 of 9
I would buy new headphones but i dont really want to spend anymore money. I just bought a Super mini moy and it sounds really good. (to me atleast). So I think ill just let the left side run for awhile till they seem to sound the same. When I do dicide when to buy new phones what would be something better than the triports yet not to expensive (Trying to save all my money for my car). Thanks for all the replies.

Aug 23, 2005 at 12:26 AM Post #7 of 9
Quote:

Originally Posted by S&M_Biker
I would buy new headphones but i dont really want to spend anymore money. I just bought a Super mini moy and it sounds really good. (to me atleast). So I think ill just let the left side run for awhile till they seem to sound the same. When I do dicide when to buy new phones what would be something better than the triports yet not to expensive (Trying to save all my money for my car). Thanks for all the replies.

When that time comes, what kind of headphone do you want? Full Size, Portable, In-Ear, Earbud, Clip-On? And Open or Closed type?

Aug 23, 2005 at 12:31 AM Post #8 of 9
sell them on ebay... quickly before the headband snaps. Use the $$$ for an AKG K240s-55, SR60 or MS1

Garrett

Users who are viewing this thread

Back