Back to the beginning
Jun 1, 2010 at 4:30 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

redshifter

High Fidelity Gentility• redrum....I mean redshifter• Pee-pee. Hoo-hoo.• I ♥ Garfield
Welp, my beloved Grados now have Grattle in both channels. My beloved Super-Fi Pro is on their second replacement cord, which just broke again. My new Sony Walkman MP3 player is bricked through my fault.

So now I'm back to my first MP3 player (iRiver H140) and first headphones (Sony MDR V6). The H140's battery is almost dead, but the V6 still work like a champ. My SR71 amp is the only one I have without issues.

UGH. Just venting. I know I wont be buying Grado ever again, despite the great sound.

Jun 2, 2010 at 6:32 PM Post #3 of 7
Thanks Nylan.

Also at the same time my cardas mini mini interconnect broke too.

Lucky I found my FIRST Canare cable which I'm using and actually remember the sound signature. I really am back to day one, except I'm also using some Beyer DT250-250 with the SR71 amp. I just need to stick to bulletproof gear.

Jun 3, 2010 at 7:01 PM Post #4 of 7
Well... it's more about realising what's put together like a high school project and acknowledging it, isn't it. I honestly don't know how anyone can give props to Grato for quality. I've yet to have a leather-banded Grato which doesn't start fraying for example, and I've saved at least two earcups go potentially crashing to the floor when they slide off the mounts. I understand the charm of something hokey, but praising comparatively indifferent headphones which gain their dynamics through the simple fact of their drivers being closer to the ear than most to the rafters just doesn't make sense to me.

End rant. Sorry for the problems.

If you were closer I'd offer up my originally Sony PR-supplied MDR-V700DJ. It's just turned 6
tongue.gif

Jun 6, 2010 at 7:59 PM Post #7 of 7

Quote:
shifter,  it could be the Yosemite Sam hat with the bacon brim causing the Grado probs. I mean if you're wearing the hat with the Grados?

The bacon is so rabid animals attack the hat not the cans.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back