Back to first step(stupid me T_T)
Aug 28, 2007 at 6:19 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 12

Sieg9198

100+ Head-Fier
frown.gif
I did a lot of researching(lurking) to consider what to get in my next purchase. Which I ended up with a home rig in mind.

BUT, just now I realized, why the hell am I considering a home rig?? I do most of my listening(90%) on my bed while reading books, with the portable rig.(my bed is quite far away from my PC)

How stupid I am...

Still struggling whether is it worth it to get the home rig(because of better sound), or should I go with the portable rig......(much more practical)

Aug 28, 2007 at 7:32 PM Post #3 of 12
I have a bedroom rig, which sounds pretty damn fine. I also sometimes take it to work. I change up the amps and cans, but I admit that lately it's seen more time that my main home set up. I highly recommend any of the following:

Source: 5.5g imod

Amps: Larocco PRII, RSA SR-71, Heed CanAmp

Headphones: choose what you like. For comfort and sound I'm currently loving HD600s and use Yuin PK1s if I might be taking a nap.

Aug 28, 2007 at 7:40 PM Post #5 of 12
Laptop + DAC + Amp + Headphones. Problem solved. Just factor in a cheap laptop into your setup.

Aug 28, 2007 at 7:57 PM Post #6 of 12
Quote:

Originally Posted by boomana /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I have a bedroom rig, which sounds pretty damn fine. I also sometimes take it to work. I change up the amps and cans, but I admit that lately it's seen more time that my main home set up. I highly recommend any of the following:

Headphones: choose what you like. For comfort and sound I'm currently loving HD600s and use Yuin PK1s if I might be taking a nap.

I'd always have to use the PK1s (or PK2s in my case) as a nap is always a risk if I'm in bed listening to music!
eek.gif

Aug 28, 2007 at 8:00 PM Post #7 of 12
i have that in my mind too. i am home only to sleep basically, and don't have much time to do some listening. if you never stay at home, i would say just go for the portable rig. you wont be disappointed, that's for sure.

especially if you get boomana's suggestion of equipment =]

Aug 29, 2007 at 3:07 AM Post #8 of 12
Quote:

Originally Posted by boomana /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Source is the main problem I have, and Imod seems like the best solution if I go with portable rig.

Does the Imod sound really good??(Better than alot of DAP?? Or even DAC??)

Cause I'm concerned if it doesnt sound good enough though...

Aug 29, 2007 at 3:15 AM Post #9 of 12
Try Trekstor Vibez. Not much knowledge on it here - but it is very very capable if you can supply the amplification =] Oh, and my portable rig whoops Boomana's :wink: (Vibez => incoming Tomahaw => Edition 9) xDDDD

Aug 29, 2007 at 5:03 AM Post #10 of 12
Quote:

Originally Posted by MaloS /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Try Trekstor Vibez. Not much knowledge on it here - but it is very very capable if you can supply the amplification =] Oh, and my portable rig whoops Boomana's :wink: (Vibez => incoming Tomahaw => Edition 9) xDDDD

It looks like it doesnt have a line out
frown.gif

Will it still sound good with the headphone out??

It's easy to get a modded Ipod for me too
tongue.gif
since I can get the Gmod easily here
icon10.gif
, with better price
tongue.gif

Aug 29, 2007 at 5:15 AM Post #11 of 12
1. It sounds great out of the headphone out, after some trials I am even getting a Tomahawk for it.
2. Whats a Gmod?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back