Back into headphones after many years
Mar 4, 2014 at 12:05 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

randyb

Head-Fier
And I have several questions for the experts. Why do I like the pbs 4u2 so much better than the hp 50..dynamics? Why do I still really love the koss pro 4 I got when I was like 21
Why do I still love electrostatic headphones and they get little respect. Why does inner fidelity wall of fame change quicker than my granddaughters like..she is 3. 1/2. Finally, I think Sean olive is brilliant and his work is great but why is his and Floyd tooles work never tested or challenged?

Mar 4, 2014 at 2:29 AM Post #2 of 3
.And I have several questions for the experts.
I'm not an expert, but I'll take a stab at it anyways.

Why do I like the pbs 4u2 so much better than the hp 50..dynamics?
You're asking others why you prefer something over another?  Only you can answer that one.  You mean PSB right?

Why do I still really love the koss pro 4 I got when I was like 21
You're asking others why you prefer something over another?  Only you can answer that one.

Why do I still love electrostatic headphones and they get little respect.
You have a preference.  Since when do electrostats get no respect?.  They're more popular now than ever.... Stax, Audeze, hifiman

Why does inner fidelity wall of fame change quicker than my granddaughters like..she is 3. 1/2.
Who knows... I don't think its intended to be carved in stone like Cooperstown, Canton or a sports hall of fame.

Finally, I think Sean olive is brilliant and his work is great but why is his and Floyd tooles work never tested or challenged?
I don't know.  From my perspective I'd rather listen to music than challenge experts.  I have read some of Tooles articles before... it never phased me one way or another though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back