Back in the game: sr-125i pairing with a ..?
Aug 16, 2011 at 4:30 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

luuk

500+ Head-Fier
Well, it's been a while since my last post. Sold all my stuff (senn 650, ms-2, meier amp)  a few years ago because I wanted to invest more money in my stereo. 
Now my girlfriend bought me the grado sr-125i. Nice! Enjoying the sound from the beginning and it's ideal when my girlfriend has to study and I want to listen to music. 
The problem now is that I own a iriver clix 2 8gb. I don't think it will last long, and I want more capacity.
Im looking for a replacement and I prefer if it has the following things:

-audio quality on par or better then the clix 2
-I will probably use it whil running a few miles, so it needs to be shock proof
-It's a plus when I can control it blindly: dedicated volumecontrols and switching tracks. 
-more then 16gb memory
- no hassle with itunes or other proprietary programs 

What do you guys think? 

Maybe it's an option to buy two? I was thinking the ipod classic and an clip+. But really don't like to put all my music in itunes..

Further on: I will probably buy an amp (small, needs to be portable around the house). Any advice? What sounds good with the grado's? Any experience with the O2 headphone amplifier??

Have been searching the forums for a bit, but need some expertopninion:wink:

Aug 17, 2011 at 6:28 PM Post #2 of 3
 While I do not have any experience with Grados per se, I have been researching DAPs for an upcoming purchase. You may wish to check out the Cowon J3, which has up to 32 G internal memory and can use up to a 32 G micro SD expansion memory card. It's supposed to drive most IEMs well without an amp.

The J3's User Manual can be found here if you would like to check out its features:
http://www.cowonglobal.com/download/file/manual/COWONJ3/J3_EN_manual_1.4en.pdf 

Good luck!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back