Back from Nashville, and the Firestone INDY200 IRL Race - photos >>
Jul 21, 2004 at 2:31 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

AGR

100+ Head-Fier
Hi everyone!

What an incredible weekend!!! ‘Hope you enjoy the pictures!

http://share.shutterfly.com/osi.jsp?i=EeAM2zNs1aNGaiWa

http://www.speedtv.com/articles/auto/indycar/12089/

To give some idea of just how fast they are traveling on the 1.33 mile Nashville Superspeedway; as the cars passed in front of us on the main straightaway, they are traveling nearly 210 mph!! The pole position was achieved at just over 201 mph.

47b4d938b3127cceb2d88eb4e5ed0000001610

(the attached photo of Tony Kanaan, and I was taken just a few hours before he claimed victory)

Best Regards,

Greg

Jul 21, 2004 at 4:53 PM Post #2 of 3
Thanks a lot for sharing your pics with us. This looked a great time and I gotta say night racing looks very cool. Do you see sparks from the exhaust of the cars when they downshift at all? Do they go to caution when the lights first come on?

Jul 21, 2004 at 5:40 PM Post #3 of 3
Quote:

Originally Posted by Tuberoller
Thanks a lot for sharing your pics with us. This looked a great time and I gotta say night racing looks very cool. Do you see sparks from the exhaust of the cars when they downshift at all? Do they go to caution when the lights first come on?

Very welcome!

It was our 2nd year. We just live about 220 miles from the track in Oakland, TN. An awesome event, to be sure! My wife and I both had the best time!

Sparks are sometimes present when they are on a full fuel load, when some of them (and only a couple) are in a corner. This is partly due to their suspension setup. I notice this on Kanaan's car sometimes. And; this can be seen on the TV broadcasts.

This year, the race began at 6:00pm central. So; there wasn't really much darkness until near the end. But; no, there is no caution period when the lights come on. They turn them on before dusk, so there is little transition period.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back