Back after nearly 2 years, looking for a new pair of headphones (over ear)
Jul 9, 2015 at 2:09 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

ender323

500+ Head-Fier
God, it's been ages since I've been here. Managed to kick the gear bug for quite some time though. I'm currently running two setups- TripleFi 10s through a Schiit Modi+Magni at home, and Klipsch Image S4s on my phone on the go. I'm looking to get a pair of full size headphones. They'll likely see use both at home and away-I don't want them to be super noise isolating, enough that I can focus on the music but as much as my in-ear earphones. When I need real isolation, that's when the earbuds will come out. So I'd like something that would work well with my DAC+amp but that will work with my phone. Actually, I still have my FiiO amp, so if it needs a bit of extra juice I can use that on the go. Looking at ATH-M50 right now, is that still the way to go, or is there something better on the scene? Budget is certainly sub-$200, and I really don't want to clear $150 right now. $100 would be great but probably unfeasible.

Thanks for any help in advance, guys.

Jul 10, 2015 at 10:19 PM Post #3 of 6
Something that works all around. I like the TF10s, but a tad more bass wouldn't be a bad thing. I listen to everything from heavy metal to acoustic guitar hipster music, so it needs to be versatile.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back