Baby Orpheus, welcome your new brother (56K Warn)
Mar 22, 2006 at 10:44 AM Post #76 of 119
Quote:

Originally Posted by Oliver :)
So this is what happens when you get into electrostats, yes? Good to know, so I can meditate for a while, be prepared. Slow goes the parcel.
icon10.gif

Once you go 'stat you never go back.

Mar 22, 2006 at 10:52 AM Post #77 of 119
Quote:

Originally Posted by Carl

So true!
orphsmile.gif

Andrew

Mar 22, 2006 at 12:57 PM Post #78 of 119
The bass on the O2's go extremely deep when driven properly. They just aren't as visceral as some dynamic cans. Also The O2's need lot's of break-in. Make sure to put a pillow between the earspeakers while breaking in.

Stax recommends a load while playing off your head.

Mar 22, 2006 at 1:00 PM Post #79 of 119
Quote:

Originally Posted by Carl

Never say never.
Lots of members went back.
Jazz, Nik, RichterDi, GSFerrari, .............
Twenty years ago there was no competition, but nowadays it's more a question of preferences.
I still own a modest Lambda rig, and from time to time I listen to it, but I usually grow tired of the electrostaticness soon.
A few months ago I've sold an Omega II/Egmont rig.It doesn't surprise me that akwok is shocked by the rather dark sound the Omegas do provide.Technically they are very good headphones, far better than the Lambdas and nearly on par with the Senn HEs, but in the end I didn't like the need for heavy equalization.
The strong point of the Omegas is their forgiving nature as far as bad recordings are concerned, but most bad recordings don't deserve high-end cans anyway.There are cheaper ways to make them bearable.
Personally I like the HE60s way better.The Omegas are a sidegrade at best IMO, but YMMW.

Mar 22, 2006 at 1:21 PM Post #80 of 119
Quote:

Originally Posted by cosmopragma
Never say never.

yes, also true... me too have an Sr-60 for rocking music.
tongue.gif
But I think that going from stat back to dynamic, you always miss a bit of that "natural clarity" detail and precision (except maybe with Qualia, but I think that they are not so "natural sounding"). How i wish to have an OmegaII...
eek.gif
icon10.gif

Andrew

Mar 22, 2006 at 1:25 PM Post #81 of 119
Quote:

Never say never.
Twenty years ago there was no competition, but nowadays it's more a question of preferences.
I still own a modest Lambda rig, and from time to time I listen to it, but I usually grow tired of the electrostaticness soon.
A few months ago I've sold an Omega II/Egmont rig.It doesn't surprise me that akwok is shocked by the rather dark sound the Omegas do provide.Technically they are very good headphones, far better than the Lambdas and nearly on par with the Senn HEs, but in the end I didn't like the need for heavy equalization.
The strong point of the Omegas is their forgiving nature as far as bad recordings are concerned, but most bad recordings don't deserve high-end cans anyway.There are cheaper ways to make them bearable.
Personally I like the HE60s way better.The Omegas are a sidegrade at best IMO, but YMMW.

You certainly don't need to justify the technical merits of the Sennheiser HEs relative to the O2s to me.
biggrin.gif

Mar 22, 2006 at 1:42 PM Post #82 of 119
Quote:

Originally Posted by amartignano
How i wish to have an OmegaII...
eek.gif
icon10.gif

Maybe you'd be better off with a better amp for your excellent HEs.
I did have HE 60s on loan for a few months when I owned the Egmont, and they were sounding far better driven by Rudi's amp.Far far better.
I've never utilized a better power supply instead of the small wallwart for the HEV 70 though.

Mar 22, 2006 at 2:16 PM Post #83 of 119
Quote:

I did have HE 60s on loan for a few months when I owned the Egmont, and they were sounding far better driven by Rudi's amp.Far far better.
I've never utilized a better power supply instead of the small wallwart for the HEV 70 though.

Yes, I know, but now I don't have the money.
Anyway a better power supply gives some "punch" to the HEV70 I can say that is the most dynamic headphone system I' ve ever had (except maybe Grado Sr-60 driven by the Rudistor NX01). And it's an electrostatic...!
eek.gif
baby-
orphsmile.gif

bye
Andrew

Mar 22, 2006 at 5:06 PM Post #85 of 119
Quote:

Originally Posted by immtbiker
The bass on the O2's go extremely deep when driven properly. They just aren't as visceral as some dynamic cans. Also The O2's need lot's of break-in. Make sure to put a pillow between the earspeakers while breaking in.

Stax recommends a load while playing off your head.

What Aaron said.
biggrin.gif

I've never tried them with 007t, but everything tightened up considerably when I moved to KGSS DX from my old 313. Similar effect was achieved when I inserted the UPC-200 power conditioner into the chain - I hope to try out PS Audio's powerplant lineup at some point in the future. From my experience, O2's seem to be really sensitive to the components upstream, more so than any other cans I own or have owned.

Mar 22, 2006 at 6:56 PM Post #87 of 119
For me the O2's go very deep on the kgss. Arnt your omegas new? maybie they just need more break in for the bass to clean up.

As of today I will no longer have my beloved omegas. Got any other comparisons between the two?

Mar 22, 2006 at 7:09 PM Post #88 of 119
Quote:

Originally Posted by GoRedwings19
Nah akwok is writing checks he can't cash. I say it's over for him. I mean he would of had an R-10 if that was the case. Before trying the he90.

Ok, first of all, he wanted my R10's, but I had mercy on him (I know, call me a saint) and I told him NOT to go for it.

Secondly, AKWok, I'm surprised you went for this phone. To me, the OII's are like electrostatic L3k's. (hahaha, note, this is a METAPHOR, don't come running at the messenger!). Personally, I COMPLETETELY AND UTTERLY DISLIKE THE OO2. (note: you CAN come running, pitchforks in hand for this one).

The HE60 signature is VERY different from the OO2, and even so, the OO2 needs so much time to charge, and even then, it seems to sound different at different times to me. Not a good thing. Me no like.

Dude, you have a destiny with the HE90! Just go buy one already! (note: do not solicit me).
I know its been said, and I've said this before, but DAMN, the HE90 is all that and a bag of sticky icky...

smily_headphones1.gif

Neil

Mar 22, 2006 at 8:00 PM Post #89 of 119
Quote:

Oooh oooh, review review!!
orphsmile.gif

I've been eyeing up the Egmont for a while.

Mar 22, 2006 at 8:19 PM Post #90 of 119
Quote:

Originally Posted by GoRedwings19
Well seeming you like "to seize the opportunity" by charging $2k for a he60. For you I will sell it to you for $6.5k. If I was to sell to another headfier they would only have to pay 5k.
very_evil_smiley.gif

OK. lets say 5K, sell it to me. And I will re-sell it to AK for 5.5K.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back