Babblings
May 27, 2004 at 4:58 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

Todd

Headphone Vinyl Meister
Member of the Trade: TTVJ Audio
Hi All,

I just added a new package on the TTVJ website - It includes the SR-71 portable amp from Ray Samuels, the Etymotic ER4s and The Cable Pro 1 ft mini to mini cable - for only $669. This is an awesome combo! It should be shipping by the end of next month...

I just received in the new Beyer DT860, 660, and 440 to audition. I will give my impressions early next week after they are broken in and I have had some time listening to them.

I will be featuring a review next week on eric343s cable. I must say it is a very good value and a worthy consideration... more later.

There will be a couple of PS-1 headphones available to ship by the end of next week. Order now to get in on this months allotment.

I have a couple of Demo Bluenote turntables and a few new Piccolos and Bellavistas that I can offer at a 20% discount. Call me about these - this will not be posted on the TTVJ site for a while. These are very good turntables and I would like to see some Head-Fiers get them.

I hope you all have a fun and safe Memorial Day!

Todd

May 27, 2004 at 11:45 PM Post #2 of 6
Has anybody heard the SR-71? How does it compare to the XP7? Is it twice as good as the new Total Airhead as the price would indicate? I am dying to hear it, but would also like to hear more about it!

May 28, 2004 at 2:54 AM Post #3 of 6
Quote:

Originally Posted by Todd
There will be a couple of PS-1 headphones available to ship by the end of next week. Order now to get in on this months allotment.

Does this mean that there's no waiting list? I would like to get the PS-1 but won't have the required cash until June 1st, any chance of getting on the list now, without a formal order?

May 28, 2004 at 6:11 AM Post #4 of 6
Hi Hadron,

Give me a call or order online and I will hold one for you until the first. That is not a problem!

sclemmons,

Check out the New York meet thread in the Memebers Lounge. You will get some first hand impressions on the SR-71... I think your gonna like it a LOT!

May 28, 2004 at 12:32 PM Post #5 of 6
Quote:

Originally Posted by sclemmons
Has anybody heard the SR-71? How does it compare to the XP7? Is it twice as good as the new Total Airhead as the price would indicate? I am dying to hear it, but would also like to hear more about it!

the sr-71 was at the new york meet and the last chicago meet. p.m. some of the people there and they can tell you all about it. I heard the sr-71 but i heard the xp-7 once so I cant compare.

May 28, 2004 at 8:10 PM Post #6 of 6
I listened to both the XR7 and SR71 at the NY meet. I preferred the sound of the XR7 but not by a wide margin. I found the sound of the SR71 just as detailed as the XR7 but with a slightly contracted, less airy type of sound. Perhaps, it didn't have quite the bass response of the XP7 either. I'd take the SR71 over the XR7 because of size and cost. I need a good quality amp that I can carry with me. I find the XR7 a bit too large for a portable. But if you're looking for something that can do portable and want the versatility of using it at home too, the XR7 is probably tough to beat.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back