B&W P9 vs Denon AH-D7200 - opinions/alternatives?
Apr 22, 2020 at 8:29 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

Rocker UK

Head-Fier
Hi

I am looking for a new set of closed-back headphones for late-night listening via my smartphone with a Dragonfly Cobalt. I mainly listen to rock but also some ambient and female vocals and use a combination of stored 16/44 and 24/96 FLAC along with Tidal Masters. I have a pair of the original Denon AHD-7000's which I use in my main system and also use the Shure SRH-1540 there too. I like them both and plan to keep them both.

I like sufficient, not boomy, bass but also don't want detail and transparency to be lost either, particularly when listening to the 'lighter' genres of music.

I am considering the Denon AH-D7200 and B&W P9 but have heard neither and would welcome opinions on which is the better headphone? Are there any others in the same price bracket - I looked at the Beoplay H9 but have no experience of them.

Would appreciate any experience and advice please. Thanks.

Apr 26, 2020 at 5:57 AM Post #3 of 4
For the cost of sounding as a brocken record, try the Meze 99c. You may spare a few quids along the way, and if you're eager to spend it all, there is Elegia on FS forums.

Last edited:
Apr 26, 2020 at 9:16 AM Post #4 of 4
Thanks - spending money isn't the objective so if I can get something as 'good' as those 2 for less I am happy to do that. I appreciate the recommendation as actually hadn't heard of the Meze 99 so will do some reading about them.

Anyone any other recommendations or thoughts on the B&Ws/Denons? Thank you.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back