B&W P7 - Custom Earpads. Your Thoughts?
Nov 21, 2016 at 6:49 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

P01N7

New Head-Fier
Today I'm going to make my own P7 sports fabric ear pads to replace the leather ones for when I'm gaming.
Unfortunately this isn't as easy as sewing the material together and hooking it over the cans. The P7 cups have a plastic body to them, thus this is where things get tricky. I cannot bare to take the pads apart myself to inspect deeply so I wonder if anyone knows anything about the slits all the way around the inside of the plastic housing? 

I presume that these slits could be either or both of 2 things:
1) Exhaust ports for pressure relief (sound pressure not contact pressure)
2) Audio enhancement.

From what I can tell, it seems like there may also be a channel running all the way around the headset inside the plastic housing. Though I'm not certain of this?

Any thoughts?

Thank you in advance.

Oct 27, 2017 at 5:55 PM Post #2 of 3
Today I'm going to make my own P7 sports fabric ear pads to replace the leather ones for when I'm gaming.
Unfortunately this isn't as easy as sewing the material together and hooking it over the cans. The P7 cups have a plastic body to them, thus this is where things get tricky. I cannot bare to take the pads apart myself to inspect deeply so I wonder if anyone knows anything about the slits all the way around the inside of the plastic housing?

I presume that these slits could be either or both of 2 things:
1) Exhaust ports for pressure relief (sound pressure not contact pressure)
2) Audio enhancement.

From what I can tell, it seems like there may also be a channel running all the way around the headset inside the plastic housing. Though I'm not certain of this?

Any thoughts?

Thank you in advance.

You might check this link out: https://www.innerfidelity.com/content/sumptuous-and-sonorous-bowers-wilkins-p7

The review shows the details on the ring and how they impart acoustic flavors to the overall sound, so it's more than just a plastic ring.
There is a company on Amzn that sells replacement pads for the P5, but nothing for the P7. I'd like to find something with more space... I've got old man sized ears and I have to tuck mine in all around to get the seal, which makes for about 60 minutes tops of listening time. Let me know if you found a fix!

May 1, 2020 at 6:01 PM Post #3 of 3
You might check this link out: https://www.innerfidelity.com/content/sumptuous-and-sonorous-bowers-wilkins-p7

The review shows the details on the ring and how they impart acoustic flavors to the overall sound, so it's more than just a plastic ring.
There is a company on Amzn that sells replacement pads for the P5, but nothing for the P7. I'd like to find something with more space... I've got old man sized ears and I have to tuck mine in all around to get the seal, which makes for about 60 minutes tops of listening time. Let me know if you found a fix!

Hi!
Wondering if you found bigger earpads?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back