B&W P5 vs Sennheiser Momentum
Aug 18, 2013 at 2:19 PM Post #16 of 17
Amen to that!  
size]

I think the Momentum is more of a crowd-pleaser, thanks to the bass and the warm sound. It is very easy to fall in love after a short audition at the shop, and make an impulse buy (As it happened to me). 

It is easy to dismiss the P5's as they certainly have a colder signature, and less bass. A colleague of mine said he preferred his £20 headset over the P5's because they had more bass - He recognized the P5's had more details, but was not willing to pay extra for that. Also, he didn't know what I meant by "punchy bass". Now, he listens mostly to Dance MP3s tunes, so clearly, his focus is different (Bass bass bass... And more bass please!).

My point is, dismissing the P5's as rubbish is idiotic at most. At this price point, neither will offer the perfect sound and you will have to go with whichever sounds best to you.

Funny thing is, both my GF and I loved the Momentum after hearing them at the shop, and we both thought they would kick the P5's arse. We both changed our mind when we compared them at home side by side. Our AKG 701 is still our preferred one, but none of us dare to wear those in the street.  
size]

Nov 3, 2013 at 4:05 AM Post #17 of 17
I used to own the momentums, they really sound great! But my ears are extremely sore after 15 min of it on my head. I gave it 2 weeks hoping I'll get used to it but nope. My ears are not big but also doesnt fit inside the cups of the momentums, Heck I had more comfort using the amperiors and m80 which are actually on ears.

It's a shame that these cans are a bad fit for me, and i really like the sound sig too.

Please audition the momentums first for like a good half an hour for the fit.

As for the P5, I auditioned them briefly like 10min at a local store, they surprisingly isolate better than what i expected but not that great. They sound rather thin but I guess thats because of the noisy environment.

They are more comfy for me compared to the momentums but are a little loose, might slip if you move often lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Back