B&W P5 Headphones
Apr 15, 2010 at 5:05 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

hrv888

New Head-Fier
Hi I have the B&W P5 headphones and sometimes it feels like the sound on the right side is louder than the left? anybody has the same situation? Does it depend on the source? my source is an iphone... and mp3's usually at 128kbps until 320kbps...

Apr 28, 2010 at 2:10 PM Post #2 of 5
Have'm but I don't have the problem. I do notice that volume can be affected by their position on your ears. After a few weeks these phones just know where to sit and how much to "clamp" for the perfect fit and I hardly ever adjust them anymore, but at first there was some adjusting going on, that's the only thing I can think of.

Maybe you got a lemon?

Apr 28, 2010 at 2:37 PM Post #3 of 5
Quote:

Originally Posted by hrv888 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hi I have the B&W P5 headphones and sometimes it feels like the sound on the right side is louder than the left? anybody has the same situation? Does it depend on the source? my source is an iphone... and mp3's usually at 128kbps until 320kbps...

------------

only sometimes? seems a little odd.

If you purchased them new from a retail outlet, i'd run them back down and have them listen to them for you.

Apr 28, 2010 at 2:48 PM Post #4 of 5
Sounds like an issue of positioning on the ear, as fella said, if the problem is only sometimes.

Apr 28, 2010 at 6:30 PM Post #5 of 5
Quote:

Originally Posted by hrv888 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

You need to make sure that both earpads are sitting the same way on both ears.. if the pressure is different you will think you are having differing volumes.. also take a brush and clean out you iphone headphone out hole cause dust in there will degrade sound

Users who are viewing this thread

Back