B&W CM2 Upgrade Opinions Requested
Jul 8, 2006 at 1:57 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

TomH

100+ Head-Fier
Howdy all. I've owned and used some B&W CM2 towers for a number of years and am looking for a replacement system that will come close to their form factor and frequency range but maybe offer some improvement in imaging and dynamics. Anyone had experience with these who can make some recommendations?

Thanks in advance.

Jul 10, 2006 at 10:28 AM Post #2 of 6
Hi Tom,

A question. Are you still looking to keep the B&W sound? I noted that you have 800 series speakers too. If you were using the CM2 for surrounds, then perhaps you should consider the 700 series as replacement.

Cheers!

Jul 22, 2006 at 12:24 AM Post #4 of 6
Thank you. The CM2s are still my main speaker although I switch to the 805s occasionally. I like the B&W sound and the extension of the CM2s which go convincingly deep and have a nice form factor. They are a little inneficient which works well with my HK Citation II (some hum present) and my Rotel 1080BX.

Yes, the CM2 is a tower consisting of CM1s as head units and CM2s as attached subwoofers, rear firing twin 4" long excursion drivers in a tuned port enclosure. Both heads and subs are fully matrix foam dampened. -3db points are about 40Hz and 25kHz. The other option is matching a sub to the Nautilus 805s but I've had poor luck with sub matching.

Jul 22, 2006 at 1:27 AM Post #5 of 6
I'd LOVE to take those problematic 805's off your hands, since they're giving you trouble
very_evil_smiley.gif
(804 Nautilus owner here).

Except I'm short of that little thing known as cash at the moment.
biggrin.gif

Good luck fellow B&W admirer!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back