B&W C5 and Sony XBA-H1
Sep 10, 2015 at 4:26 AM Post #16 of 18
  Cool I will look into it. 

The B&W C5 IEMs are very good. The sound quality is very hi-fi and I love the bass and mids on it. I cannot understand a lot of the reviews that said the bass was too much because I find the bass just right. My only criticism is that the highs can be harsh like you said before. The stereo crosstalk on those phones are also very good and instrument separation is good too. They more or less have the same signature as my Sony EX500 IEMs but the C5 sounds more richer especially the bass.

Glad you like your C5! I don't want to scare you out, but I personally have had 3 pairs of these IEM, as one of the channels would cut off after barely a year of careful use (recurrent issue). B&W customer service is second to none though, so don't hesitate to contact them should there be a problem, but I eventually got tired of sending both the C5 (every year) and the P5 (every two years) back to the manufacturer because of faulty wiring/connections/dying drivers, so I walked away from the B&W brand since then. Too bad because I found the C5's sound to be very enjoyable despite the overcooked bass. They have a tremendous soundstage for an IEM in that price category.

Sep 11, 2015 at 6:58 AM Post #17 of 18
Glad you like your C5! I don't want to scare you out, but I personally have had 3 pairs of these IEM, as one of the channels would cut off after barely a year of careful use (recurrent issue). B&W customer service is second to none though, so don't hesitate to contact them should there be a problem, but I eventually got tired of sending both the C5 (every year) and the P5 (every two years) back to the manufacturer because of faulty wiring/connections/dying drivers, so I walked away from the B&W brand since then. Too bad because I found the C5's sound to be very enjoyable despite the overcooked bass. They have a tremendous soundstage for an IEM in that price category.

I haven't used my C5 IEMs for a long time since buying new IEMs but its good to know that the service in good from B&W in the event if I use the IEMs again they cut off on one channel.

Sep 11, 2015 at 7:01 AM Post #18 of 18
I forgot to mention on my thread that I did eventually get the Sony XBM-H1 and they are good crisp sounds IEMs but again I haven't used them in a while. i now use B&O H3 IEMs which are good.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back