B-Tech BT928 headphone amp. How bad?
Jul 18, 2008 at 10:01 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

StanleyB1

Banned - Shares IP addresses with DC Lee Herandu
I needed a cheap headphone amp for someone so I got them a BT928. Sound wise it is the worst I have ever heard from any headphone socket. But the output level appears to be decent. Has anyone ever compared it to say the CMoy or any similar dirt cheap headphone amp? Is the CMoy better in output?

Jul 18, 2008 at 11:27 AM Post #2 of 6
I agree with you, the BT928 is a poor headphone amp. It was my first amp and I was very disappointed with it. I took it back to the shop and bought a REGA EAR instead. It can be modded, however, if you are that way inclined. Mike at the Rock Grotto has revamped it with better components, and apparently it sounds great.

In comparison, the C-Moy is very well thought off. I was looking on E-Bay recently and you can buy a C-Moy based portable amp for £29.00. I recently bought a Darkvoice Figaro tube amp from China - £75. Great value, and a perfect entry level amp.

Jul 20, 2008 at 4:48 PM Post #4 of 6
Thanks for the tips. I ended up modding the BT928, but not in the same way as others have done on the net. It now sounds extremely good. Perhaps I should make a list of things that I have done in order to improve it and put it in the DIY section.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back