B-Stock M-Audio IE-40's?
Mar 5, 2008 at 10:43 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

xaipemw

100+ Head-Fier
Has anyone here purchased M-Audio IE-40's from Guitar Center?

I got a great (perhaps too great) price from the Guitar Center in Milwaukee, but of course, they had to special order them. They called me today to say the order was in, and when I picked them up I didn't inspect the box all that carefully. However, when I was in my car on the way back, at a stoplight, I looked. There were two clear circular stickers holding the box shut on the bottom, on the back of the package. And there was a circular "mark" where obviously one of those stickers would have been--in the front.

I don't want to start making accusations or what-not. And I haven't opened the box yet. I called Adam in Pro Audio at GC, because he's who I always work with. He said that he would take 'em back and order another pair.

What do you think about all this, guys? I've heard of b-stock products, but b-stock IEMs seem disgusting. I don't have my digital camera at the moment, so I can't take a pic of the box.

Mar 5, 2008 at 11:55 PM Post #3 of 7
Quote:

Originally Posted by intoflatlines /img/forum/go_quote.gif
HeadRoom sells B-stock IEMs with new tips. You get a new pair anyway, so that's good.

What do you mean by "you get a new pair anyway"? I'm confused.

If I open the box up, then I void any chance of giving them back in exchange for a new pair. That's the problem here. I paid for new phones, I don't want the old switch-a-roo.

Does anyone have any knowledge of how they're packaged new? Or better yet, any pics?
confused.gif

Mar 6, 2008 at 2:45 AM Post #4 of 7
What I meant is that the guy at Guitar Center made it seem like all you have to do is bring back the set you got and he would give you a brand new one.

I don't have any info about how the M-Audio one is packaged, but I know about the SF5 Pro non-blister packaging.

Mar 6, 2008 at 2:48 AM Post #5 of 7
Quote:

Originally Posted by xaipemw /img/forum/go_quote.gif
What do you mean by "you get a new pair anyway"? I'm confused.

If I open the box up, then I void any chance of giving them back in exchange for a new pair. That's the problem here. I paid for new phones, I don't want the old switch-a-roo.

Does anyone have any knowledge of how they're packaged new? Or better yet, any pics?
confused.gif

You did not pay for new headphones, you paid for b-stock. That means that someone else could have purchased them, and then returned them.

Mar 6, 2008 at 6:12 AM Post #6 of 7
Quote:

Originally Posted by jgonino /img/forum/go_quote.gif
You did not pay for new headphones, you paid for b-stock. That means that someone else could have purchased them, and then returned them.

I most certainly paid for NEW phones. I special ordered them, assuming and being assured that they would be new phones.

Regardless, tonight I went back to the Guitar Center, and got store credit back, which is fine, since I'm going to go down to Chicago next week, and I'll stop at the Guitar Center there, and they carry IE-40's regularly. I'll be able to see the package before I buy it.

Mar 6, 2008 at 8:54 AM Post #7 of 7
Big pro audio stores usually do that..
They sell B-stock products(returned item) to customers as new ones.
So you have to take a look the products before you buy.
I have a real bad experience with west la music.
They sold me an used and discontinued turntable for really expensive price. I heard from my friend GC does same thing!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back