[B]Shure SE530's + iPod Touch[/B]
Dec 4, 2007 at 11:01 AM Post #16 of 20
hehe, no the "rolley eyes" were for the bad pun
wink.gif

Im gona go for the shures and maybe consider an amp later on, the only problem is that it makes everything less portable

cheers for everyones help, its a great forum

Adam

Jan 10, 2008 at 4:43 PM Post #17 of 20
After I got the SE530's I started ripping in Apple Lossless because the lower quality stuff started bothering me.

I am using a Minibox-E+ amp with the SE530s and Livewires, it is very small and for $150 sounds great.

Jun 2, 2008 at 9:22 AM Post #18 of 20
Hi

I have the SE530, Sony NWZA829 & Ipod Touch, all files are 392kbps

On the Sony NWZ-a829, they sound awesome, warm, bass’ incredible detail and when you turn the volume up, its a balanced increase. The SE 530 compliment its great little player.. The sound makes me smile..

On the other hand

When I plug them into my Ipod touch, well they highlight the difference in player quality, for some reason the touch dismissed the bass no matter what setting I use and I am not talking about heavy dance tracks, im talking alternative, pop, Rock etc.. And when you turn the volume up well it make me cringe as only the high to mid tones seems to rise..

BTW: there is a good seal on the headphones as i performed the comparison at the same time and there was plenty of low tones with the Sony.

I guess the bottom line is that the ipod have always sounded anaemic to me compared to other brands eg Sony, Iriver, Iaudio, creative etc etc and these earphones highlight the inadequacies of the Ipod, maybe a mid range set will fulfil the potential without highlighting its weaknesses...

R
SB

Jun 2, 2008 at 5:27 PM Post #19 of 20
Quote:

Originally Posted by simonb /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hi

I have the SE530, Sony NWZA829 & Ipod Touch, all files are 392kbps

On the Sony NWZ-a829, they sound awesome, warm, bass? incredible detail and when you turn the volume up, its a balanced increase. The SE 530 compliment its great little player.. The sound makes me smile..

On the other hand

When I plug them into my Ipod touch, well they highlight the difference in player quality, for some reason the touch dismissed the bass no matter what setting I use and I am not talking about heavy dance tracks, im talking alternative, pop, Rock etc.. And when you turn the volume up well it make me cringe as only the high to mid tones seems to rise..

BTW: there is a good seal on the headphones as i performed the comparison at the same time and there was plenty of low tones with the Sony.

I guess the bottom line is that the ipod have always sounded anaemic to me compared to other brands eg Sony, Iriver, Iaudio, creative etc etc and these earphones highlight the inadequacies of the Ipod, maybe a mid range set will fulfil the potential without highlighting its weaknesses...

R
SB

That is strange. I haven't had any problem with headphone out from touch with SE530 (or any others). How does your touch sound with other headphone, portable or full size?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back