B&O H6 for $200?
Feb 8, 2014 at 10:47 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

xmakeafistx

New Head-Fier
I've recently been shopping for a set of headphones I can use for home listening, specifically the Sennheiser HD 650. Although, I've come across and BNIB set of B&O H6's for 200 dollars. Now, I understand this headphone seems to be more mobile oriented, maybe even a little more consumer oriented (bose, beats, etc).

Is this a good deal for the sound I would get? Or is there better to be had even at this discounted price? I gave them a brief listen at the Apple Store (Focal Sound Quality CD 1, a few songs) and I really enjoyed the way they fit over my ears and the detail. But we all know how first impressions are.. they are often not the most accurate.

Does anybody have any insight on these headphones? Is this a good VALUE for 200 BNIB? Would I have to worry about counterfeit versions of these headphones? If so, what are way to tell they are legitimate? 

Any replies are appreciated, I'm fairly new to the hobby so please spare me if these are on par with beats/bose/etc.

If not a good investment for listening, is this possibly a good investment for flipping?

Feb 8, 2014 at 5:40 PM Post #4 of 9
UPDATE: Bought them, and love them so far. I listened to them for about an hour and a half on my way back home from picking them up (powered with my iPhone 5). I'm now just starting to listen to them on my Peachtree Decco65. I'm honestly shocked at how nice these sound. The stage is a little small, but the detail is amazing. I've come to the realization I really like a brighter sound.

May 14, 2014 at 10:51 AM Post #7 of 9
I regret selling mine! I sold them for 250 literally the day after so I can buy a pair of Sennheiser HD650's for 250 locally. I really like the Sennheiser HD650's but I realize I need a more mobile headphone (going away for college this year).

I wish I could come across another steal like that!

May 14, 2014 at 11:02 AM Post #8 of 9
I was about to buy a pair from the Apple store, $499 Australian, but they are in the same league as my B&W P5's which I use for University/College as you want too. 

What got me was the added clarity up top, the lack of low end compared to the P5s was a slight detraction, but the comfort of them was absolutely amazing, they seemed like custom moulded headphones, if such a thing existed. The shallow look of them hide just how plush and soft they feel on head. 

then I came across 1964 ears and figured I could get custom IEM's quads for $549 and have up sold myself into getting V8s, ear impressions tomorrow. Maybe consider CIEM?

Aug 15, 2014 at 10:16 AM Post #9 of 9
I was about to buy a pair from the Apple store, $499 Australian, but they are in the same league as my B&W P5's which I use for University/College as you want too. 

What got me was the added clarity up top, the lack of low end compared to the P5s was a slight detraction, but the comfort of them was absolutely amazing, they seemed like custom moulded headphones, if such a thing existed. The shallow look of them hide just how plush and soft they feel on head. 

then I came across 1964 ears and figured I could get custom IEM's quads for $549 and have up sold myself into getting V8s, ear impressions tomorrow. Maybe consider CIEM?

If you could afford it I'd definitely go with the ciem's the sound, seal, and just utter comfort you'll get will quickly pay for itself over a standard IEM.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back