B&O Beoplay H4 announced
Feb 9, 2017 at 1:11 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 67

rshev

New Head-Fier
Hi, my first thread here (hence in this forum).
Beoplay H4 have been announced today.
What I am thrilled about now:
  • quality materials
  • lightweight, 235g
  • up to 8 simultaneous paired devices (not simultaneously though)
http://beoplay.com/h4

Hope they'd have h7 sound quality (without interference buzzing in the left earcup though), h7 were good but heavy for me.
Please share your thoughts, especially if you'd be lucky to try these!

Feb 10, 2017 at 2:14 AM Post #2 of 67
but i think the flaws comparing to the h7 for $100 more

1) Lack of Removable Battery 
2) Non-removable ear cups (Saw in a youtube overview)
3) Lack of Aptx LL (Website). If your using Apple devices, that's fine as it has AAC.

I think these are features that one should consider the longevity of the headphones.

Feb 10, 2017 at 3:31 PM Post #5 of 67
I'm interested in these as well - mostly due to the lower price.  I think they definitely look cheaper and less classy than the H7 - I guess that's what $100 off gets you.  The lighter weight is a plus, but the non-removable battery is a big downside for longevity.

I did read somewhere (I think on The Verge) that these supposedly are closer to the sound of the H6 than the H7 - for what that's worth.

Feb 15, 2017 at 1:17 PM Post #10 of 67
Feb 15, 2017 at 1:53 PM Post #11 of 67
I have mine for the second day. I must say they sound very good, not as good as B&W P7w though, less bassy with slightly different sound signature. Comfort-wise H4 is much better.

And, in comparison with H7 they fixed many things:
* no bluetooth interference rattle in the left ear-cup (yes, I am a person who heard that on H7)
* very low background hiss when audio stream is activated (less hearable than on P7w), but not so loud as P7w could be (I don't care about that)
* they are very light for over-ear headphones. I'm still feeling the headband though (that's the main reason I returned H7, P7w. In fact, I don't feel the headband only on Onkyo H500BT, but they're on-ear with flaky bluetooth)
* Beoplay app saves your eq settings in the headphones memory (I couldn't believe that H7 just kept forgetting everything after power cycle)

For me definitely H4 > H7.

Cons: none so far.
Issues: my pair is faulty - the joint on the right ear-cup is rattling in its mount place, will return them for replacement. Check your pair!

Btw if you subscribe to B&O newsletter, you'll get an email with 10% discount code in a few days. Worth a shot :)

Don't have rights to post photos on head-fi yet, so not sharing anything...

Feb 15, 2017 at 3:49 PM Post #12 of 67
in Germany you can buy the H7 for 300-330 Euro and the H4 for, 300
so the money difference is minor, i find the design is not so nice, and the Lack of Removable Battery  is also a point
i´m interested in SQ is there a difference ?

Feb 15, 2017 at 7:52 PM Post #13 of 67
Do you wear glasses by any chance?  I've tried the B&W P7 but the firm cushions on those didn't play nice with my glasses.  The P5 caused no such issues since they're on-ear.  Other over ears like the QC35 don't seem to cause problems either, but I've not been able to try any of the Beoplay cans.

Feb 15, 2017 at 8:31 PM Post #14 of 67
what I'm most curious about is how these are compared to the H8's (minus the ANC). 

also, if the battery croaks, what then? you toss them or send them in to B&O for repair?  
confused.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back