B-52: Fully balanced headphone amplifier and full functioning preamplifier
Dec 11, 2006 at 5:21 AM Post #31 of 75
Quote:

Originally Posted by aryaah /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I mailed my check to Ray today to purchase a B-52 amplifier.

The combination of features and Ray's exceptional manufacturing/build qualities made this headphone amp/preamp very suitable for my needs. I have no doubt that it will be a sonically superior product, based on the experience to date.

Aryaah

All done, your B-52 is on the burn-in table for the next 4 days, then heading your way.
Thanks.
Ray Samuels

Dec 11, 2006 at 6:54 AM Post #32 of 75
Quote:

Originally Posted by Ray Samuels /img/forum/go_quote.gif
All done, your B-52 is on the burn-in table for the next 4 days, then heading your way.
Thanks.
Ray Samuels

WOW!
Needless to say I'm very excited and greatly appreciate the quick completion interval.

Thank-you.
Aryaah

Dec 13, 2006 at 3:55 AM Post #33 of 75
Looks solid and strong. Great done.

where is the spec, Ray?

Dec 13, 2006 at 4:00 AM Post #34 of 75
Quote:

Originally Posted by Audio Addict /img/forum/go_quote.gif
This is a great preamp and will be hard to find much better for your speaker system. The Headphone driving is just a plus.

How much approximate percentage of the headamp circuit is sharing the preamp's?

Dec 13, 2006 at 4:47 AM Post #35 of 75
Quote:

Originally Posted by edisonwu /img/forum/go_quote.gif
How much approximate percentage of the headamp circuit is sharing the preamp's?

When switching between Headphones & pre-amp only input/gain tubes, #1 and 2, back left corner, are being used all the time, for example, in pre-amp mode, #1, 2, 3 and 4 tubes are used as fully balanced dual mono pre-amp, no signal is passed to the four "5687" ,headphone drivers, as their inputs is shorted to the ground. When B-52 is switched to the balanced headphone amp, the inputs of tubes #3 and 4, which are the pre-amp drivers, are shorted to the ground & the signal is passed from tubes 1 and 2 to the four front tubes, # 5, 6, 7 and 8, these drivers are the buffers that power the headphones in a fully balanced mode. No signal is shared at all, as it is either a fully dedicated balanced pre-amp or fully dedicated balanced headphone amp all in one very well put together package.
Thanks.
Ray Samuels

Dec 15, 2006 at 4:28 AM Post #36 of 75
I like the looks of the amp I can only imagine it sounds great. They only thing I would like are smaller knobs, not in diameter but how far they stick out for the volume control and other control. Other than that I would buy it just for the looks. :^) Beautiful.

The only other problem is I could not use it as a preamp because I have my 27 mesh plates doing that and to put 1931 tubes sitting on their custom made rosewood chassis out of work would be too much for me to bear. Your amp though is just incredible looking.

Dec 17, 2006 at 9:44 PM Post #37 of 75
Sweet B-Jesus. Ray Samuels displays his products with the most dazzling, detailed and sumptuous photos of any online seller--audio or otherwise.

Dec 18, 2006 at 3:55 AM Post #39 of 75
Quote:

Originally Posted by Audio Addict /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Have the 1st ten now been sold?

2 shipped 2 on the burn-in table, one to be built after the new year.
Five more B-52s left.
Ray Samuels

Dec 18, 2006 at 3:58 AM Post #40 of 75
Quote:

Originally Posted by Ray Samuels /img/forum/go_quote.gif
2 shipped 2 on the burn-in table, one to be built after the new year.
Five more B-52s left.
Ray Samuels

Shouldnt you be building something right now young man!!! Now go to your room! LOL!

HI RAY!

Dec 22, 2006 at 5:30 AM Post #41 of 75
Quote:

Originally Posted by trose49 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Shouldnt you be building something right now young man!!! Now go to your room! LOL!

HI RAY!

Those must take forever to build..
blink.gif

Dec 22, 2006 at 2:56 PM Post #42 of 75
Quote:

Originally Posted by kool bubba ice /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Those must take forever to build..
blink.gif

To do a clean job building B-52 it is taking 7 days, 8-10 hours a day, from start to finish, to put together both the power supply & the amp/pre-amp. Remember that there four amps in the B-52, they all have identical matched values in evey one of them, all are hand selected & checked before installed on the pc brd. Not counting 5 days of burn-in & listening.
Happy Holidays.
Ray Samuels

Jan 5, 2007 at 10:19 AM Post #45 of 75
Wow, this amp is unbelievable. I've been lurking here for a while and I thought I had seen it all, but this amp is just, wow! My Stealth seems so miniscule in comparison.
redface.gif
Hmmm, wonder how much the gf will yell if buy one...
biggrin.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back