AZ Head-Fi Meet, JULY 13th!!!
Jul 10, 2013 at 6:20 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 29

Destroysall

Headphoneus Supremus
Hello fellow Arizonians!

Our next meet is this upcoming weekend: Saturday, July 13th!! It is finally going to happen!!

Burton Barr Central Library in downtown Phoenix.
Meeting Room B.  Ask for "Head-Fi Meet" at Customer Service desk. The room is, however, to the right (near the restrooms on the 1st floor) upon entering the library. Just come in to the central then go to the right to the gallery, Meeting Room B is in the bathroom area.

Time:
10:30a-4:30p

NO FOOD ALLOWED (bottled water is allowed)

NO TRANSACTIONS ALLOWED (library policy, sorry folks)

Maximum occupancy is 26.  Here are the meeting room guidelines for reference: http://www.phoenixpubliclibrary.org/pageView.jsp?id=9857

Please post what you will be bringing!  See ya there!

Jul 10, 2013 at 7:16 PM Post #2 of 29
Happy to hear!! Count me in!!

Headphones:

LCD 2.2
V-Moda M100
HD650
Denon D5000
JVC S500 (maybe)

Amps:
Burson HA-160DS
SR-71a
Fiio E10 and E11 if need be.

At least that is the plan but it may change.

I plan on selling my Burson and possibly D5000's after the event so if you're interested let me know!

Thanks,

:evil:

Jul 11, 2013 at 2:26 AM Post #3 of 29
I would love to test the Denon headphone. They really do look nice and depending on how much you sell it for and how I like them, I might take that offer. What price you asking if I may ask?

Side note, I hope we have others who gain more interest in the meet. Tomorrow afternoon is when things will be finalized so I hope others can read this in time. If not, I might have to reschedule.

Jul 11, 2013 at 1:31 PM Post #5 of 29
I'm in with a +1.

Thinking of bringing the following:

Symphonies Magnum V4
Mr. Speakers Mad Dog 3.1
Koss ESP950
Headamp Pico Amp/DAC

BYO  Analog/Digital Source for the ESP950 and Pico DAC as I don't have a portable digital transport. I will provide a 3.5mm to RCA connection.

Jul 11, 2013 at 1:43 PM Post #6 of 29
Cross posting for funch:

Quote:
I can/will bring:

Decware CSP2+, Taboo II
Mod'ed Sony 555ES SACD player

iPod Classic/CLAS (original)/ALO Continental V3

Phones:
HD800
HD600
LCD2 current model
DIY T50RP 'Plastic Pantz' aka ACE Hardware Special

All 'phone cables are DIY Cardas using interchangeable pigtails with 1/4" TRS, 1/8" TRS, and 4-pin balanced.

Jul 11, 2013 at 3:56 PM Post #7 of 29
Very nice, the more the merrier!! Anybody have a nice digital camera they can bring for some photos?  I don't have mine anymore and I am not sure if Coolzo has his..

I also will bring a small array of equipment:

Phones:
Beyerdynamic DT 990/600Ω

Amplifiers:
HiFiMAN EF2A (Mullard CV4010 tubes)

Source:
FiiO E10
PSX (Model no. SCPH-1001)
iPod Classic [bring an LOD, please]

Jul 11, 2013 at 5:48 PM Post #8 of 29
i'll be there briefly as i have to work that afternoon.  i'll bring whatever i can stuff into my back pack.   fostex HP-P1 dac/amp (bring your ipods), senns HD650, grado 325is, v-moda m80 (true blood ed. - no laughing), and perhaps beyerdynamic DT1350 if anyone is interested in hearing any of that.  i wont be bringing any of the big amps as it would be inhumane to bake then in my car while i'm at work.   cheers, roger.

Jul 11, 2013 at 5:56 PM Post #9 of 29
Very nice, the more the merrier!! Anybody have a nice digital camera they can bring for some photos?  I don't have mine anymore and I am not sure if Coolzo has his..

I also will bring a small array of equipment:

Phones:
Beyerdynamic DT 990/600Ω

Amplifiers:
HiFiMAN EF2A (Mullard CV4010 tubes)

Source:
FiiO E10
PSX (Model no. SCPH-1001)
iPod Classic [bring an LOD, please]

I'll have my phone and I can bring my Camera as well. More people taking pictures the better!

So will there be tables we can load or stuff on? How does this all work? Would have been cool if we could have gotten some vendors to show up but all in all this is awesome that we're so close to this happening!

Thanks,

Jul 11, 2013 at 5:59 PM Post #10 of 29
Being a night shift person, I'm not awake until about 2:30 in the afternoon typically but I'll try to get up earlier on Sat. to attend.  

I'll definitely bring my HE-500 and possibly my Audio-gd NFB 6.  My source (Audiolab 8200) is too big and fragile to transport.

See you all there.

Jul 11, 2013 at 6:03 PM Post #11 of 29
I would love to test the Denon headphone. They really do look nice and depending on how much you sell it for and how I like them, I might take that offer. What price you asking if I may ask?

Side note, I hope we have others who gain more interest in the meet. Tomorrow afternoon is when things will be finalized so I hope others can read this in time. If not, I might have to reschedule.

Well TBH I'm not sure yet. I need to check recent pricing which can be all over the place and go from there. I've seen some as high as 800 and as low as $450. I don't have the original box and the cord likes to tangle up some but out side of that they're perfect we're it matters most. Sound is amazing and so are the looks. You can see pictures on my blog. I'll have it figured out by this weekend. I know they'll be sought after quite a bit so I'll have them priced right and ready to go when the time comes.

Thanks,

Jul 11, 2013 at 6:15 PM Post #13 of 29
Thinking of coming, even thought it is 10* hotter there . . . 
evil_smiley.gif

Is this on Saturday or Sunday?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back