Axiom Audio
Aug 15, 2003 at 2:38 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 29

jack963

100+ Head-Fier
Anyone ever use their products or hear anything about them? Someone at the T-Stattion (MD) Board recommended them, so I was just wondering about them. I recevied a Sharp SD-NX10 CD/MD shelf system recently, and I love it, except the speakers are kind of a setback, so I was thinking of upgrading. Anyways, I was looking at these here http://www.axiomaudio.com/m3ti.html. Anyone know anything about them? Anyone know anything pretty good for that rpcie range ($300 or less)? Thanks a lot.

EDIT: Yeah, I was just looking at the specs of the speakers and it says 10-175W (that's per speaker, right?) Anyways, my stereo puts out 25W per channel, so do you guys think these would power them enough to get pretty darn loud?

Aug 15, 2003 at 5:49 AM Post #2 of 29
Axiom speakers are known to represent pretty high bang for the buck, budget oriented but darn good sounding, and have become quite popular over the last couple years.

I owned the M3ti's a couple years ago and found them to be great for the money. They definitely compete with speakers in their price range and above. They are detailed sounding, sound very large for their size and surprisingly refined for the price. Check out the many reviews, they have had very high praise (many awards for the M3ti model in particular). The M3ti's are fairly efficient speakers and I ran them quite easily off a pair of little 8 watt tube amps in a good sized room. Your 25 watts should be just fine. Another great speaker in this price range is the Paradigm Atoms, which I find to be a bit better through the midrange.

Aug 15, 2003 at 5:23 PM Post #3 of 29
I own the M3Ti's as well, and think they are great. I would definitely suggest putting them towards the top of your list. You might also look into PSB, and NHT monitors. You should check out Yawa Online, as they sell both PSB and NHT speakers at great prices.

Aug 15, 2003 at 7:16 PM Post #4 of 29
Cool, thanks a lot for the input from boht of you guys. Anyone else have something tos ay? How do the Axioms (or the other you mentioned) compare to Klipsch SB-3? Thanks.

Aug 15, 2003 at 7:21 PM Post #5 of 29
Not to confuse you any more but you could consider the Energy C-1 which are $300/pair. I have these and really like them. You will have to listen to the Klipsch carefully to see if you like them, they have a certain sound that people either like or hate.

Aug 15, 2003 at 7:32 PM Post #7 of 29
Mercy, so many choices. Ok, for all who post in here, if possible, could you also post a link to the speakers you suggest/mention? Thanks. I'll be sure to check all of these out that yous guys are talking about. Thanks again.

EDIT: Prince, thanks for the recommendation on the Ascend Acuoustics, however, I took a look at them, and I don't think they'll suit my needs. I just need some bookshelves to sit next to my stereo. And if I decide on speakers and see that they're too big for the surface area I have available, I'll get some stands to put next to my bureau (sp?). Thanks though.

Aug 15, 2003 at 8:52 PM Post #8 of 29
I'd recommend the Paradigm Monitor 5's, they have 2 midbass drivers instead of one, and cost 520 bucks a pair, a real bargain, and they sound much better than any other speakers in the price range, believe me
biggrin.gif

Aug 16, 2003 at 11:08 PM Post #10 of 29
The Axioms are wonderful speakers. I currently own the Axiom M22ti and owned Paradigm Reference Studio 60's. Since I owned both at the same time (for about 6 months) I was able to compare them.

I'll say right now that the Studio 60's where the better speaker - better bass response, larger fuller soundstage, and a slightly warmer midrange. But these will set you back about $1200-$1600 depending on the finish you choose. And they definitely need a beefy power amp to sing; the difference between my 105 watt SS amp I started with and the 200 watt SS amp I upgrade to was like night and day. Unfortunately, I had to part with them during some financial turbulence. Before I purchased the Studio 60's I listened to Paradigm's Monitor line. IMO they were too dark and veiled for my tastes.

Even though I thought the Studio 60's were the better speaker, I haven't been unhappy with the M22ti's. In fact, they continue to impress me and I've had them for well over a year. The bass response is surprising for a monitor. Paired with my Pioneer Elite 45tx receiver movie-watching is still very enjoyable (though I occasionally miss the days of the Studio 60's and the Sunfire Cinema Grand). The M22ti's have gotten alot of good press. Check out these reviews:

Axiom M22ti's
Axiom M2i .

Aug 17, 2003 at 8:32 PM Post #12 of 29
I've had Axiom Audio's Epic Grand Master Home Theater system (M22ti, QS8, VP100, & EP175) for a couple of months now. I am very impressed with the system as a whole. The sound is tight and accurate with fantastic imaging. The value and customer service is TOP NOTCH!

I can understand why some people consider it to be a tad too tight/bright but I prefer that to a more laid back, darker sound. Then again I'm more of a Grado-head than a Sennheiser-head (although I own and appreciate both).

Multichannel music is aural ecstacy when presented by these speakers!

Namaste,
McE

Aug 18, 2003 at 3:33 AM Post #13 of 29
Thanks a lot for all the input. So it sounds like Axiom is a pretty good brand. Now all I have to do is decide wihich speaker to get
very_evil_smiley.gif
The M22's might be better because with the 3's, I would have to get stands due to the width of the speaker (I don't have that much space horizontally if I'm going to put them on my, man I hate this word, bureua, anyone want to correct me?), but with the 22's, they might be skinny enough that I could put them on the...yeah, that word. Anyways, can anyone compare the 3's or 22's to Klipsch SB-3's or SB-2's? Thanks a lot.

Aug 18, 2003 at 9:47 PM Post #14 of 29
We have Axiom M22ti's in the house, which replaced Paradigm Monitor 9's. The Axioms are clearly the better speaker in every area except bass extension, which isn't an issue when you've got a good sub. Better resolution, far better imaging, better treble extension, better midrange transparency...I could go on for a while. Plus they're over $200 cheaper. They'd be impressive speakers for 3x the asking price.

Aug 18, 2003 at 11:36 PM Post #15 of 29
You say they lack in bass extension a bit. Do they lack compared to the Paradigm, or do they just not put out enough bass? Because that is the main problem with my current speakers, so that's what I really want an improvement in.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back