Axim X50v - pretty dang good
Sep 12, 2009 at 4:58 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

FraGGleR

Headphoneus Supremus
I have been using my Sansa Clip + Shure E2c setup for most of my listening since I got the Clip 6 months ago to replace a dead Creative DAP. I have been pretty pleased with it, but when using my father's Sony MDR-V600's with the Clip, I was getting pretty awful (like hurt my ears awful) sound. Digging around in my gadget boxes, I found my old Axim X50v which hadn't seen any use as anything for quite some time. I tried the V600's with the Axim, and they actually sound great! The V600's are pretty heartily poo-poo'd around here, but I was impressed with how much better they sounded. I hadn't messed with any EQ other than loading up Win50mix or whatever it is called. I feel like it must be a power thing. The Clip just can't deliver enough to the V600's making them sound very thin and screechy.

I know it is like a 7 year old product, but has anyone else noticed how good the x50v can sound? Anyone have better than/worse than thoughts on the x50v vs other DAP's? With so much more power available, I wonder if a portable amp would even be necessary to sound pretty damn good with any of my potential headphones (HD25-1, SRH840, E2c).

Just thought I'd share and see what others thought.

Sep 13, 2009 at 1:36 AM Post #2 of 2
I know it is like a 7 year old product, but has anyone else noticed how good the x50v can sound? Anyone have better than/worse than thoughts on the x50v vs other DAP's? With so much more power available, I wonder if a portable amp would even be necessary to sound pretty damn good with any of my potential headphones (HD25-1, SRH840, E2c).

Just thought I'd share and see what others thought.[/QUOTE]

I have a Amp3 and HD 25-1. they are perfectely synergy! I have almost abandon the HD 25-1 after I have HD 600, once a time I tried my new AMP3 with HD 600, it repsented amazing soundquality. I think the built in amp help to power my HD600, so I try to hook the HD25-1, I almost can't believe the HD25-1 almost rebirth. The bass completely changed to be puch , tight and detail. the mids is clear, density and extention highs.

I think amp built in the AMP3 provides the powerful signals to boost the phones to hit the phones potential.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back