AWIA HP 20
Sep 19, 2005 at 8:49 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

southsea

New Head-Fier
Hello, this is my first post. i have reading head-fi and gaining knowledge for about a year now, so thank you to all.

a while ago i found a pair of headphones called AWIA HP 20. they are very old, but i thought i'd try them and they sound pretty good. the best headphones i own are the Shure E2c earphones and they sound as good as them. if anything, the bass is a bit richer, warmer and a bit easier on the ears, if that makes sense. i have been using them at home ever since.

anyway, i was just wandering if anyone had come accross these before and if you have any comments? i am having problems attaching pictures but i will soon, when i figure it out.

Sep 19, 2005 at 11:17 AM Post #2 of 8
You'll need to host pics somewhere else. I can't find anything about AIWA HP-20 cans on the web, these must be pretty old. Nowadays AIWA is just a low-end brand of Sony, but apparently they used to be better than that.

Sep 19, 2005 at 11:35 AM Post #3 of 8
Quote:

Originally Posted by sgrossklass
Nowadays AIWA is just a low-end brand of Sony, but apparently they used to be better than that.

Who told you that, is there any oficial statement made of such argument?

Sep 19, 2005 at 11:47 AM Post #5 of 8
Well, according to this front page, it seems that you are right, a real shame as AIWA in the past was a really good company, and used to released pretty good tape decks, amps etc...even I remember some walkman from them that I preffer over the Sony ones, a real shame that this company went under the Sony belt...well nowdays all seems to be deteriorating, Teac, Akai, Technics, Pioneer, Sony, Sansui, Telfunken, Grunding, all went to the hell of the plastic madness.......where have all the old good times gone!!!!
biggrin.gif

Sep 19, 2005 at 12:09 PM Post #6 of 8
Yeah their walkmans gave Sony a good run for their money. I guess they lose out when the discman came along and panasonic and technics enter the fray. When the MD came....Aiwa wasn't producing any MD players. I might be wrong but i don't remember seeing any Aiwa MD walkmans.

Aiwa.....they will be remembered for their portable tape players.
frown.gif

Sep 19, 2005 at 12:18 PM Post #7 of 8
from memory aiwa has some MD players and they're quite cute

Sep 19, 2005 at 2:02 PM Post #8 of 8
Quote:

Originally Posted by hugz
from memory aiwa has some MD players and they're quite cute

yep i had a AIWA recording md player, for the life of me i couldn't find it, and i just tossed the crap streetstyle cans that came with em. kept the remote tho, maybe i should put it on ebay hehe.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back