awesome video! street race busted!!!!!!
Nov 30, 2004 at 6:32 AM Post #16 of 32
Quote:

Originally Posted by Kirosia
It's all they really spend it on. Where do many of us get our money for phone equipment? And how are these "wiggers and riceboys" irritating punks?

(okay I admit, not too fond of the wiggers)

Headphones, even the highest of the high-end, are much cheaper than cars.

Every single one of these brats with a riced-out car I've ever come across has been unequivocally rude, obnoxious, arrogant, foolish, and immature. These are the kids who drive around at 10PM with their speakers turned up to 11 blaring the latest Nelly song.

- Chris

Nov 30, 2004 at 6:33 AM Post #17 of 32
Quote:

Originally Posted by Imyourzero
A lot of times it's Mommy and Daddy's money. There is a kid around here that's in high school and drives a Lexus IS300. If you think he paid for it, you'd be very wrong--his Mom drives a nearly identical IS300 and is the Director of a wing at the hospital I work at.

And that's nothing, really. In the wealthy parts of Cali/NY/Florida, there are plenty of kids driving Supras, new Cobras and Saleens, Porsches, you name it. They damn sure don't pay for those cars themselves, they just have parents that are very well-off and don't mind buying the kid anything he/she wants.

Seriously.

At my school, out of about 50% who drives nice cars, I think only one of them payed for it.

He restored himself a muscle car, sold it at major profit, and bought a Saleen mustang.

Only one kid drives a Porche, and it's a like an 87.

Lots of rice rockets, BMW's, Audis, and such.

Nov 30, 2004 at 6:54 AM Post #18 of 32
street racing is stupid and irresponsible, any way you slice it.

Getting drunk doesn't put someone else's life in danger, being a rapper doesn't put someone else's life in danger. Driving fast and loose does.

Street racing is like practicing with a handgun on a target in your front lawn. Sure, it's probably not gonna hurt someone, but it's still a DUMB thing to do, there are better places to do it, and it's going to kill someone eventually.

Nov 30, 2004 at 7:09 AM Post #19 of 32
We used to drive an hour and a half to an old abandoned quarter-mile track in Louisiana to show off our speed. It was a major weekend event just to go watch. Let these kids find somewhere off the streets to race. There's nothing wrong with these guys to getting some kicks and having some fun like I did, but take it outside the public roadways.

No matter what contingency plan is in place for safety, some idiot will always push the limits. I'd rather see these folks making there mistakes where there's no possibility of some innocent bystander getting hurt.

Trust me, if you want to race, there ARE better places to do it.

I don't mean to preach, but I've been there, and there's no excuse for using public roads as a race track. It takes no more than .05 seconds at those speeds to kill someone. If the worst thing that happens to you is a ticket or time in jail, consider yourself very lucky.

Nov 30, 2004 at 7:28 AM Post #21 of 32
Quote:

Originally Posted by aerius
It's still dangerous driving and reckless endangerment, especially considering the fact that 99% of the dipsticks don't know how to drive a car at those speeds. When they learn their driving skills from movies and video games and have no formal training beyond basic driver's ed, they have no business racing period. Also, what about the passengers in the car, did they sign up to get maimed or killed in some stupid street race?

To me the drivers of those cars are bad people. They reckless and irresponsible, and willing to endanger others for cheap thrills. They deserve to have their licenses revoked permanently and have their cars impounded and crushed. Every time I hear about one of those idiots getting killed in a crash on the news, I think to myself "good work, one less dipstick on the road".

Oh please. The people in this race were on a dead-end road in an industrial sector, for crying out loud. They posed a danger to no one but themselves. I'll give you your claim that 99% of people can't drive; in America, anyway, this is true. However, who cares? Morons on a highway is one thing, (yeah, I've played catch-up on the highway... on the other hand, I know when enough is enough) but organized runs on roads with no traffic? I think not. I wouldn't have any problem participating or watching one of those.

As for the news clip, it was amazingly mis-informed. I loved how they chopped all the racer's comments completely out of context to get such wonderful one-liners as "Yeah, it gets dangerous... scary..." Anything is dangerous if done wrong. Cooking a turkey for Thanksgiving was dangerous, come to think of it. I also loved how they showed the evil NOS tanks with the comment "It can blow up your engine." No ****, Sherlock. So can not changing your oil. If someone has the brains to install a NOS system themselves (or the money to have someone else do it, who will have the brains), they're going to know how to set it up properly. There's nothing wrong with massive amounts of horsepower.

Where's Tubes? I'd be interested to hear his thoughts on this...

Nov 30, 2004 at 8:00 AM Post #22 of 32
Speed limits. Sure we have all broken them, but when I do it's because I am late and never go beyond 20 over the posted. These people do it for fun. That is beyond lame. Go out in the middle of nowhere and do it in a dried lake bed or something. About two mile where I live, some moron wraped his rocket around a telephone pole going 110. Guess what he was doing? BTW, he managed to kill two other innocent people as well. Do I care if he was nice? HELL no. If you ask me, ALL these people are idiots and are purposefully breaking the law. They get what they get.

Nov 30, 2004 at 8:31 AM Post #23 of 32
Near my home is an indistrial/commercial area that was used alot for racing.
Now there are signs posted.

No racing zone 10PM-6AM.
Attendance is illegal.

Everytime I see it I want to arrange a race at 9:45 PM.

Nov 30, 2004 at 10:31 AM Post #24 of 32
Quote:

Originally Posted by SBomm
Near my home is an indistrial/commercial area that was used alot for racing.
Now there are signs posted.

No racing zone 10PM-6AM.
Attendance is illegal.

Everytime I see it I want to arrange a race at 9:45 PM.

lol

I used to attend street races around chicago myself, But I never raced my car or anothers car....just stood on the side lines and watched.

for the most part they are pretty chaotic but usually very peaceful, I never seen a fight break out or nothing like that.

the best was when police would bust it, everyone would book out of there...then it got crazy. me and my friends would calmly walk to our cars and wait for the police to come by then leave. the best part is 5mins later w all would come rite back and do it again.

I stopped going cause one night as I was pulling away from a "chinatown race" I flipped my smoke out the window not thinking anything about it. my friend later said that a volkswagon caught fire and the owners were looking for a guy that drove A AUDI TT......opps!!!!

Nov 30, 2004 at 4:49 PM Post #26 of 32
Quote:

Originally Posted by Kirosia
Once again to the stereotyping. Yeah all racers are bad. They're all idiots. How many of you have driven home intoxicated? Or "mildly" stoned? How many of you handled a gun, when you weren't supposed to? Are you guys being smart and safe then?

Never driven drunk or intoxicated in any way and never will because I understand this thing called responsibility. Never handled a gun or other weapon without proper supervision & training, because once again, I understand safety and responsibility.

Quote:

Ex, are a bunch of drunk college kids okay?

When they're just walking home from a night out and not causing trouble it's acceptable, but I still don't like it.

Quote:

When they rape innocent women and nearly kill people?

Then they are commiting a criminal offence and should be charged accordingly.

Quote:

I should be happier when one of those bastards die, right? But noooo, they're not reckless and irresponsible, hell they could do some serious crap and get away with it. They're well accepted in society.

Depends on which part of society, I consider them to be a-holes as well, and worthless criminal scumbags when they start breaking laws.

Quote:

Rap music is factor in lots of teen and gang violence, but do hope for dead rappers? Nope. I have to assume all the guys on this board are saints, right? Yeah, not in your wildest dreams.

Yes I do hope for dead rappers, and every time one gets shot and killed I give myself a high-five and think "serves you right".

Quote:

I can name quite a few things that are much much worse tahn racing. People are hypocrites. Period.

What's your point, that street racing isn't bad because there's a lot of things worse than it? I guess murder isn't bad either because there's stuff like genocides that are worse than some poor guy getting gunned down on the street. Gimme a break, it's still wrong and criminal.

Dec 1, 2004 at 3:52 AM Post #27 of 32
I say that street racing is stupid. I am a reformed street racer(I hestitate to call these guys "racers") and I've seen the damage these guys can cause.

I raced on Chicago's Doty Road and the Skyway as a teen and came away lucky. I used to get so angry when the Fire engine would come and hose down our spot so we could'nt race because I did'nt know any better. I'm now a Firefighter and I've had to hose down the same streets I raced on and I understand why now.

There are so many tracks in the area now that street racing is just a huge waste of time. Some of the tracks even ignore open gambling and other such activities. There is no good reason to race on the streets,none at all.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back