Awesome rummage finds.
Oct 6, 2004 at 10:53 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

Hajime

1000+ Head-Fier
My mother is a member of a local church that holds a huge rummage sale. Tens of thousands of people show up at the sale because there is an enormous amount of stuff donated. She asked me if I'd like her to get me anything the day before the sale when the volunteers can purchase stuff before the crowd. Well, I gave her a small list of audio manufacturers in case she happened to spot any of them. I didn't expect much, but as I was walking home from school I heard someone shout my name and turned to see her in her car. She had driven from the rummage sale to pick me up and take me to it and she was very excited.

Long story short, I was completely overwhelmed by the amount of gear there was there. The guy running it said that almost all the amps sold immediately. There were at least two dozen large and small speaker sets, some of very high quality. There were also turntables, tuners, amps, etc. I spent about two hours rummaging (heh heh) through the stuff and I found some real gems. I bought a set of four very nice speakers for $40. For those who are wondering, this means that I will no longer be using concrete blocks as speaker stands. I got this really cool portable equalizer. I have no idea if it works or what its for, but it looked pretty cool.

I also ended up with three or four dozen vinyl albums. I bought all sorts of records from Michael Jackson to classical. I bought two releases of Michael Jackson's Thriller (one of them unplayed, the other in very good condition), the Beatles White album, three Frank Sinatra records, the entire Billy Joel record collection (9 or so records) and a whole lot of other stuff.

In addition, I got a number of old portable CD players for anywhere from $2-10. I don't really like portable cd players but I was thinking of you guys when I bought them. I'm going to post something in the portable forum with the model names, etc. and see who wants what. I want to spread my good fortune to you guys.
smily_headphones1.gif

This was a nice ending to my day.

Oct 6, 2004 at 11:02 PM Post #2 of 5
Quote:

Originally Posted by Hajime
I also ended up with three or four dozen vinyl albums. I bought all sorts of records from Michael Jackson to classical. I bought two releases of Michael Jackson's Thriller (one of them unplayed, the other in very good condition), the Beatles White album, three Frank Sinatra records, the entire Billy Joel record collection (9 or so records) and a whole lot of other stuff.

Sweet! Send one of those my way!
cool.gif

Sounds awesome. I'd love to have one of those at my local church.

Oct 6, 2004 at 11:19 PM Post #3 of 5
Hum! I actually don't have any PCDPs in the house anymore, it would be cool to see that list!

Oct 6, 2004 at 11:42 PM Post #4 of 5
I posted something here about the PCDPs. Some of them are a little disappointing now that I've looked at them closer, but hey - they're free to you guys.

Oct 7, 2004 at 12:08 AM Post #5 of 5
someone's going to be really happy about this, thanks for your generosity! first ltucci getting folks some cans, then you with the PCDPs - someone out there will have a head-fi free rig soon!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back