Awesome earbuds?
Jun 21, 2015 at 10:23 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

Eilatan

New Head-Fier
So I have had a pair of Sony MDR-E10LP earbuds for about four years now. They have some alright sound despite the cheapness. But since the right earbud finally decided to go bust, I've decided I need a new pair of buds. Problem is that earbuds have been so heavily replaced by the in-ear style that I don't even know where to start looking (My current pair has been discontinued along with other greats like Sennheiser's MX980s). So I'm hoping that someone here could recommend me a good pair of earbuds, hopefully under $150.

The reason I don't like in-ear earphones is because I can never get them to sit in my ears properly. They usually fall out from being too big. They are just uncomfortable and a hassle to get in. And yes, I've tried different types, I just can't seem to get them to work.

I would like something that sounds good no matter the type of music, but good bass would be preferable. Also, I would prefer the recommendations not be earbuds that have the full over the ear hooks, since the backs of my ears are weirdly shaped and the hooks tend to be uncomfortable. It also doesn't have to be something that has a controller, but that would be nice.

Thanks for any recommendations!
gs1000.gif

Jun 21, 2015 at 11:24 AM Post #2 of 6
You can check out this thread:  
http://www.head-fi.org/t/727309/high-end-earbuds-dasetn-tingo-blox-yuin-etc-and-earbud-gear-discussion-impressions-thread

There are a few other earbud threads as well. The VE Zen are making a bit of noise here on Head-Fi. They're pretty power hungry, so you'll need an amp to get the best out of them.

Jun 22, 2015 at 6:50 AM Post #3 of 6
Thanks for the thread link, but it appears quite a few of those have been discontinued. I probably would have got the Sennheiser MX985 had they still been in production.

Does anyone have any up to date recommendations?

Jun 22, 2015 at 6:27 PM Post #5 of 6
  Thanks for the thread link, but it appears quite a few of those have been discontinued. I probably would have got the Sennheiser MX985 had they still been in production.

Does anyone have any up to date recommendations?

The OMX980 is still being sold as old stock, as I bought one a couple weeks ago. But those have ear hooks. The Zen however is imo better suited to you though, because it has far, far better bass. It sounds good with everything, whereas the MX98x does not.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back