Awesome, but where is the turntable?
Sep 12, 2008 at 2:39 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

juniperlater

1000+ Head-Fier
Original Article

091108jerad5_small.jpg

Now that the article and the pic are posted, I have a beef: Where are all the fashionable stereo cabinets? It seem like there are people (like those above) who have everything hidden and those who have a Best Buy style stereo cabinet (like me) and those who have those really heavy open audiophile type racks, then those who have an entertainment center for everything.

I have never, ever, seen a good-looking cabinet. Nothing in a Danish modern style. Nothing in a mid-century Eames-era style. Where are they? Did no one design them? Or are they all victims of design - hidden inside something else?

I am not saying I would buy one - because, let's face it, I am WAY too poor to have well-designed furniture - but I would love to see them produced.

*End Rant

Sep 12, 2008 at 10:37 AM Post #2 of 6
My LP cabinet is ugly too.

Sep 12, 2008 at 3:41 PM Post #3 of 6
I actually like my record cabinet a lot. I just hate EVERY stereo cabinet in the world.

When my system was a lot simpler, I just used my record cabinet as my stereo cabinet, but now that my system has expanded, it doesn't work that way anymore.

Record Cabinet:
AppleMark%20-%20Hewlett-Packard%20-%20HP%20PhotoSmart%20C935%20%28V03.53%29%20-%202006-12-17%2015-01-39%201.jpg

Sep 12, 2008 at 4:10 PM Post #4 of 6
Inside one of the cabinets maybe? I don't know...
Nice collection though.
smily_headphones1.gif

Sep 12, 2008 at 5:57 PM Post #5 of 6
Man, that article made me sad. My rent in DC is probably double their mortgage payment, and I live in a shoebox. Cost of living be damned!

When the day comes where I actually own property, I want one room dedicated to music. One wall will be floor to ceiling record shelving, and there will be an Eames chair somewhere. That's all I want.

Sep 12, 2008 at 6:15 PM Post #6 of 6
Quote:

Originally Posted by TheRobbStory /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Man, that article made me sad. My rent in DC is probably double their mortgage payment, and I live in a shoebox. Cost of living be damned!

When the day comes where I actually own property, I want one room dedicated to music. One wall will be floor to ceiling record shelving, and there will be an Eames chair somewhere. That's all I want.

You don't want much!
wink_face.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back