Awaiting (& awaiting) Ryan's 6moons GS-1000 review
Sep 24, 2006 at 9:25 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 30

djbnh

500+ Head-Fier
Ryan,

Any idea when your Grado GS-1000 review is coming out? The item looks so forgotten on the 6moons "Coming up next from these writers" section.

FYI - if your nuptials / marriage is keeping the review from being finalized these past months, one can understand.
blink.gif

Jan 5, 2007 at 1:29 AM Post #5 of 30
great review - really detailed and explains it all brilliantly.

Jan 5, 2007 at 1:35 AM Post #6 of 30
there's a reason why you're tossing the pith and i'm here rattling off one-liners. awesome review!
3000smile.gif

Jan 5, 2007 at 2:26 AM Post #7 of 30
He spent time composing most of useful opinions/reviews here in order for potential new buyers to read.

But the review is subjective only which could be misleading sometime on something. The bass of GS1000 is actually less deep than HD650. I think the wider soundstage of GS1000 confuses him as deeper bass.

Jan 5, 2007 at 2:38 AM Post #8 of 30
~~~~~~~~~~~~ sorry 4 the dp

Jan 5, 2007 at 2:39 AM Post #9 of 30
Very enjoyable review - good job and thanks!

Quote:

Originally Posted by rshdhead /img/forum/go_quote.gif
He spent time composing most of useful opinions/reviews here in order for potential new buyers to read.

But the review is subjective only which could be misleading sometime on something. The bass of GS1000 is actually less deep than HD650. I think the wider soundstage of GS1000 confuses him as deeper bass.

Troll much?

Jan 5, 2007 at 3:09 AM Post #10 of 30
Now I don't mean to troll, but... is this review intended for "normal people" as opposed to us? I can't really imagine anyone writing for an audiophile website to use apple ibuds and bose triports, nor to think "why would anyone pay $700 for headphones". Reading on...

Jan 5, 2007 at 3:32 AM Post #12 of 30
Quote:

Originally Posted by Ahriman4891 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Now I don't mean to troll, but... is this review intended for "normal people" as opposed to us? I can't really imagine anyone writing for an audiophile website to use apple ibuds and bose triports, nor to think "why would anyone pay $700 for headphones". Reading on...

Apart from that we all start somewhere and he points out that it was 2 years previously that he was listening to ibuds.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ryan
Of course coming from the stock iBuds of my iPod and my beat-up set of Bose Triports, a lot of other cans would have given me a similar feeling.

We all start this journey of headphones from somewhere stock and basic before we move on up to better & better headphones.

Jan 5, 2007 at 3:37 AM Post #13 of 30
yep we all gotta start somewhere. not that i'm an expert now, but in 2004 i was listening to V-crap150 sony cans, and since then i've heard, um, better
lambda.gif

Jan 5, 2007 at 4:08 AM Post #14 of 30
Quote:

Originally Posted by Ahriman4891 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

that wasnt the point so..
evil_smiley.gif

nice write-up!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back