AVON Walk for Breast Cancer Research
Jul 11, 2004 at 5:38 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

pspivak

500+ Head-Fier
My wife is doing the AVON Walk for Breast Cancer Research in San Francisco this weekend. She raised over $2000.00 for this very worthwhile cause and is walking a marathon (26.2 miles) over two days. My sons and I are very proud of her accomplishment and amazed by her commitment to this very worthwhile cause. Breast cancer has touched our lives twice, one woman (the person who introduced us) died a couple of years ago leaving two teenage daughters. The other is her aunt who is in remission.

The risk of breast cancer in women is 1 in 8 over their lifetime, and the risk of dying from the disease is 1 in 28.

Regards, pS

Jul 11, 2004 at 5:53 AM Post #2 of 2
Thank your wife for me, and she should be really proud as well. Breast cancer has touched my life a few times over the past few years, and my best friend just had one of her breasts biopsied last week (thankfully a benign cyst), still a nervous few days. I have worked in Anatomic Pathology for 14 years and involved with many types of cancers on a daily basis. There has been a lot of progress the past few years and more to come, but we still have a lot of work to do.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back