Avoiding headaches...
Jul 27, 2005 at 12:20 AM Post #18 of 28
So can you only use one output plug-in at a time with winamp? i want to use this 72-band equalizer with the headplug one, but i can't seem to do it. any help?

Jul 27, 2005 at 12:45 AM Post #19 of 28
I've noticed that when I use my A500s through my on-board sound, I hear a faint buzzing/hissing type sound that changes in degree when I open a window or other things like that (Like when the window is opening, the sound goes away, but when it is done opening, the sound comes back). After having the headphones on for 1-2 hours of listening to music (WinAmp w/ Full Bass and Treble Pre-Set EQ) and not listening to anything, my ears really start to hurt and I get a slight headache. So, unplug them and just forget about it. Well, after doing this for a month now, I've noticed that I'm putting the volume on my Karma higher than normal for my normal listening volume. I originally listening at "24" but now I have it at 25-26 at all times. Because of this, I don't listen to my headphones with my computer anymore and don't plan to ever again. Sucks...

Jul 27, 2005 at 12:46 AM Post #20 of 28
Quote:

Originally Posted by fishtankfish
I'm definitely willing to go back to winamp but the thing i really like about foobar is the equalizer, its much better than winamps. any alternatives there?

Right there, is your problem. Stop using all plugins and equalizer. You will see that your headaches will be reduced. Some frequencies are exaggerated by these eq's and hurt your hearing, that is translated to headaches. Headaches are like signs of alert from the human senses.

Jul 27, 2005 at 12:47 AM Post #21 of 28
fishtankfish , i can relate to getting headaches.
frown.gif
When i get them they are full on migraines which can last for days!
I use Foobar with 580s, a PIMETA through a AV-710 card and i can honestly say this combination doesn't cause my headaches.

Have you looked at other triggers that may be causing them? An example would be, how much caffiene you consume, this can also include soft drinks and chocolate. Cheese can also be a trigger for some. Maybe your setup is the last trigger for your headaches?

Jul 27, 2005 at 1:06 AM Post #22 of 28
Quote:

Originally Posted by AML
fishtankfish , i can relate to getting headaches.
frown.gif
When i get them they are full on migraines which can last for days!
I use Foobar with 580s, a PIMETA through a AV-710 card and i can honestly say this combination doesn't cause my headaches.

Have you looked at other triggers that may be causing them? An example would be, how much caffiene you consume, this can also include soft drinks and chocolate. Cheese can also be a trigger for some. Maybe your setup is the last trigger for your headaches?

I'm still trying to work out what it is. I'm sorry to hear about your headaches. The thing is that I never get headaches, maybe once or twice a year. The Pimeta i just put in the system is new and i only get the headaches when I listen through my home system (my to go rig doesnt give me any problems). I think it might be certain frequencies are being exaggerated as was mentioned by Turbo, because my caffeine intake is next to nothing and like i said headaches aren't normal for me.

Jul 27, 2005 at 8:37 AM Post #23 of 28
Quote:

Originally Posted by fishtankfish
So can you only use one output plug-in at a time with winamp? i want to use this 72-band equalizer with the headplug one, but i can't seem to do it. any help?

There are DSP stackers for winamp, I recommend MuchFX2 for the task.

Jul 27, 2005 at 8:58 AM Post #24 of 28
Quote:

Originally Posted by TURBO
Right there, is your problem. Stop using all plugins and equalizer. You will see that your headaches will be reduced.

There's nothing wrong with applying DSPs.
Admittedly you need some basic knowledge about EQing and/or applying crossfeed, but if done right the opposite is true.DSPs can reduce problems related to the unnaturalness of headphone audio (headwords : unnatural channel separation, individual HRTFs).
Stacking winamp DSPs is no high end solution, there are better ways, but at least experimenting with winamp is free.

Jul 27, 2005 at 9:30 AM Post #25 of 28
Maybe you can give your ears a rest for a couple of days and just relax because you are probably stressing yourself out about this which is probably making it worst.

I know it is 2 long days not to use your cans but it might be better in the long run!

Jul 27, 2005 at 2:05 PM Post #26 of 28
Quote:

Originally Posted by flamingantichimp
Drink more water and less caffeine. A cheap solution to many headaches.

I second that. Since I quit drinking caffeine I very seldom get headaches anymore.

ff

Oct 11, 2012 at 7:01 PM Post #27 of 28
I also have to find a solution to the headaches.
I have a Weston 4R and I'm using PowerAmp (on Android).

Could it be the Stereo X effect from PowerAmp?

Coult it be to much stereo? Should I try mono?

Oct 11, 2012 at 8:21 PM Post #28 of 28
Quote:
Quote:

Originally Posted by flamingantichimp
Drink more water and less caffeine. A cheap solution to many headaches.

I second that. Since I quit drinking caffeine I very seldom get headaches anymore.

ff

Good advice actually, or slow down on it. You'll get less periotic ringing in your ears too due to more bloodflow.

You can still use your EQ, but I would take it easy on how much. Senns do clamp also and after a while it could hurt I know. you MIGHT consider trying out someone elses headphones for a while and see if it's just the sound of that model of senns that is hurting you.

Believe it or not some headphones can be fatiguing or even slightly painful over time. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back